7.0

2. (1 reports)
  3. adjust plastic piece on bottom of shift lever & push shifter up more (1 reports)
2007 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Focus:

2007 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 042013

Focus 4

I had the steering column relaced soon after I purchased the car brand new due to recall. This is the 3rd or 4th time the key has stuck in the ignition. I am lucky I have a spare so I can still lock the car with the key stuck.

- , West Hartford, CT, USA

Feb 052010

Focus SES

I will never recommend Ford Brand to any of my friends, relatives, and co-workers. This Company already knows this problem(Factory defect or poorly designed part) but it seems like they want to make money out of this Mess by encouraging owners to have this problem repaired by them instead of initiating the recall!.Shame on this COmpany!

- , Suisun, California, USA

Sep 242011

Focus

Key stuck in ignition. The solution for me-Pulled up on plastic piece enshrouding bottom of shift lever so that shift lever could move foward slightly farther into park thus enabling removal of key. Could not believe that this fix actually worked for me!!!

- , Omaha, NE, USA

Jul 212011

Focus

I got home yesterday and my key wouldnt come out of the ignition. Eventually, after starting the car again and reversing and going forward and putting it in park again the key came out. today, it doesnt come out at all, no matter what i do. has anyone found a fix for this yet, other than leaving the key in the ignition? i really dont want my car to be stolen!!!!

- , Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA

Jun 082011

Focus 6

I am very unhappy. The key won't come out again. I am afraid someone will break in and steal car. I paid to much to have this problem.

I am just not satisfied with car. Next time I get car won't be like this.

Lillian Peck

- , Rome, New York, USA

Aug 302011

Focus SES 2.0L

I need it out!!!!, it keep dinging and dinging with the key stuck.

- , Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Aug 312011

Focus

Second time in for repair of key stuck in ignition. Looking at website see it is a common problem with Focus, in previous years models, now happening in 2007 vehicles as well

- , Royal Oak, MI, USA

Jul 042011

Focus SE 4 cyl

An obvious problem that defies a warranty period. Car companies don't make money selling cars - they make money repairing cars.

- , Searcy, AR, USA

Feb 132011

Focus ES 4 cyl

This ridiculous Ford knows there is a problem but will not do anything to fix it. Very disappointing.

- , Davenport, IA, USA

Sep 242010

Focus SE

This is a major pain, I just can't get the key out of the ignition. So where ever I go I have to leave the key in the ignition when I get out and put a towel on my steering wheel so no one can look in and see that the key is there, smash out my window and steal my car. I have read on line that the next problem will be not being able to get the key to even start the car. That is going to be great I am going to get into my car and not even be able to get it started what a pain.

- , Abilene, Texas, USA

Aug 202008

Focus

Have not have this fixed yet, have bigger issues now!!!

- , Waterman, IL, USA

Jan 142009

Focus

i bought my 2007 ford focus in august 2008 with only 8564 miles on it. yesterday, January 14, 2009 i arrived at work only i couldn't get my key out of the ignition. the shifter and steering wheel also wouldn't lock. i got on the internet to see if there was some kind of a trick to get the key out. what i found was shocking. 112 pages of complaints about the ford focus' from 2000 - present. they complaints ranged from not being able to get the key out, to the ignition won't turn over, to fires! Apparently Ford does not want to take care of this problem. i called the dealer from which i bought the car from and my seller was out to lunch and would call me back in a little while. Needless to say, i had to call him this morning. they came and got my car and said it should be an easy fix. i don't want the damn thing. after reading all of the complaints i am so worried that this is going to be a common occurrence. my husband and i have to drive to nc this spring and i don't want to go in that piece of s#&t. i do have the premium care extended warranty but who knows, it may not be covered...12500 miles!!!

- , Chaumont, NY, USA