2007 Ford Focus wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Focus:

2007 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 042014

I have a 2007 Ford Focus, I have replaced the rear tires 4 times since I bought the car. The mechanic said all Focus eat rear tires. I have read several other reports of the same issue. Thanks Ford.

- Edwardsville, IL, USA

Sep 162010

I have had to replace the tires on my Ford Focus three times in 55,000. Miles. The dealer says that focuses "eat tires" and that I have to rotate every oil change. That doesn't even help. I just keep buying tires to be safe. Someone without resources to buy new tires could have a blow out on the road and it would be the Ford Explorer issue all over again. I searched the web and there are many, many other Focus owners with the same problem.

- Milaca, MN, USA

Jul 182010

3 valve stems all cracked in the exact same spot. Ford will do nothing about it.

- Windsor, 00, USA

Jun 012008

The Ford Focus eats tires like crazy. I have owned my 2007 Focus for three years now. I have to put new tires on it every 16,000 miles because the rear tires are cupping. I've had the alignment/shocks/suspension looked at and have been told that they are fine. I have heard many people complain about having the same problem with their Focus. I asked Ford about this problem and they have no solution. I would appreciate it if you looked into this issue, as I know that there are many frustrated drivers out there.

- Boonville, IN, USA

Jun 192010

Three of four hankook optimo tires on my 2007 Ford Focus deflated completely over the course of a month. Broken valve stems were the cause in each case. I had the valve stem replaced on the three failed tires as well as the fourth; no use in waiting for that one to fail too.

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 152009

Driving down the interstate, smelled a burning rubber like smell, checked gauges, everything was fine, continued driving, then noticed a loud thumping type noise, as I began to pull over to turn-around under a bridge the car began "bucking" and the entire tire rolled across the other lane of traffic into the weeds. The rim remained on the car. The tire was changed to the spare and a new tire was purchased and mounted onto the rim. Slight bent spot in the rim after this incident.

- Compton, IL, USA

Jun 132009

On June 13, 2009, my husband, my 16 month old son and I were driving on I95 S from North Carolina to South Carolina when my rear left tire blew out. This sent us fish tailing across all lanes and finally when the back of my car spun around into the shoulder, the car flipped onto the driver side, then onto the top of the car, then finally landing back upright. Not during any time did the airbags deploy on any side of my car.

- Hubert, NC, USA

Apr 152009

Tire tread separtion on both rear tires of a 2007 Ford Focus ZX4 only had 14,000 miles on were replaced new national tires.

- Newburgh, IN, USA

Feb 012009

I recently had my 2007 Ford Focus in for an oil change and the automotive company told me I would need to replace my tires. I have rotated my tires every other oil change to ensure proper wear and even wear and also for safety and maintenance. I had approximately 40K miles at that time. I asked the automotive service company if pirelli warranties the tire and they said unfortunately not. I went to discount tire, they told me the tires need replacing and there is no warranty on the tire because it is an oem tire. Discount tire said pirelli makes that tire differently for the oem than the tire dealers. No warranty. I went to the Ford dealer and the automotive technician said the tires need replacing and that the pirelli's have been, in his words, "junk". he said, "miss, if you think your tires are bad, you should see the cupping and awful wear and hazard on the F150 pick-ups and Expedition". I asked him if he told Ford about this and he said no. I contacted Ford and no one cares to return my concern. Pirelli told me flat out in an E-mail that the tire is not covered under any prorating and basically it is my problem. I could have a blow out or something happen due to poor manufacturing. This tire, the P6 is a safety threat. No one will listen, no one cares. I was shocked by pirelli's remark and I did not ask for a replacement, I was just thinking of some type of proration on a better tire. I also recommended to pirelli that they might want this set for their engineering teams to review and study. I am sending this complaint to NHTSA because I care enough about other people and wouldn't want anyone injured.

- Algonac, MI, USA

Aug 262008

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Focus. The vehicle has Goodyear tires, size P19560R15 (na). The contact stated that the tires had a slow leak, which forced her to place air in them every week or two weeks. She stated that the dealer sold her a defective vehicle due to the tires and cup holder. The dealer stated that all of the tires were good and contained no failures. In addition, there was a crack on the windshield when the vehicle was purchased. The tire line was unknown. The failure mileage was 32,000 and current mileage was 36,000. Updated 2/23/09 updated 02/25/09.

- Indian Trail, NC, USA

Oct 202008

Noticed low tire, went to fill with air, and valve stem pulled out of tire. Went to dealership, and they sold me a new tire. I explained the situation, with the valve stem, but they made no comment of any problems. I have the old valve stem.

- Laurel Springs , NJ, USA

Jun 092008

The first incident occurred while parked during shopping hours; daylight. The left, back tire let out a hissing sound that was coming from the tire area. The valve stem was leaking air. The tire was going flat. This was the first incident; 06/09/08; mileage on the Ford Focus 2007 hatchback was 14,143. The second incident occurred on 07/31/08; the right front wheel, passenger side, also was losing air; again it was the valve stem; mileage 14,933; vehicle purchased on 02/16/07. Hankook optimo H725 tire size P195/6or15 87T hankook usa corporate headquarters 1450 valley road wayne, New Jersey 07470 treadwear "620" traction B temperature B M + S radial tubeless standard load made in china (2) valve stem failures/2 door hatchback----Ford Motor Company plies: Thread 2 steel + 1 polyester sidewall 1 polyester VIN#

- Beverly Hills, CA, USA

Jul 072008

I have now had two sidewall tire blowouts on pirelli P6 four season P205 50/16 black sidewalls on two different Ford Focus's in the past 8 months.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 072008

While traveling East on interstate 10 in Arizona, rear tire (drivers side) on a 2007 Ford Focus separated (18,000 miles on car and tires) car slide sideways into the right shoulder and flipped twice. Totaled car.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Apr 202008

Severe tire wobble. Took the car to dealer. They said it needed alignment and 2 new tires. Took to a tire dealer they said that they have had many of the same cars in there with the same problem. It's that the rear wheels are toed-in 50% to much from the factory specs and it just chops the tires up. The car needs 2 new tires and a alignment job to fix the problem from the factory. I feel that the company should pay for it, since it comes off the line like that.

- Thief River Falls, MN, USA

Apr 042008

2007 Ford Focus with several problems with the tires. Consumer states that he has had several problems incuding puncture in these tires. He states that it handled poorly, and he had to replace them at 26,000 miles. The tires lost air, and a repair that was made did not hold.(hankook optimo tires).

- Concord, NH, USA

Aug 162007

Focus 4-cyl

I bought this new 2007 Ford Focus on 8-16-07 and when I left and headed down the highway my tires which are pirelli P6 four seasons 205/50R16 were making a terrible thumping noise. I called the dealer and was reassured by the salesman that the is what happens with low profile tires. I talked to him 5 or 6 times over a 2 to 3 week period and he kept telling me that is the sound of low performance tires. Well I went in for my oil change and to have my tires rotated and they told me my car was out of alignment and my tires were shot. The two front ones were wore on the inside and the back two had a funny wear pattern that they had never seen before. They also told me how much it would cost to have 4 new tires put on and a alignment. I went back to the dealer and I was put off. I was told I have no warranty with the tires as I was told by my salesman (who by the was is no longer there). I am upset because the service guy who made my appointment said they are seeing this alot with the 2007 Ford Focus pirelli tires but I am going to have to pay for new ones. I don't think so this is a problem I have had since I bought this car and something should be done a.S.a.P. before someone gets killed out on the road.

- Salem, MO, USA