2009 Ford Focus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Focus:

2009 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Mar 112014

Focus 4-cyl

Sunroof shattered: Merging onto the freeway hit a few pot holes and my sunroof just shattered. Nothing hit it is just made a crashing sound.

- Bloomington, MN, USA

Feb 222010

I was driving down the road, at 55-60 mph and all of a sudden I heard a loud bang, well my sunroof just exploded from the inside out. Nothing hit it, the roads were bare, I wasn't under any trees, nothing. There's a big hole, and surrounding the hole the glass is shattered. I took pictures of it. The glass is pointed out, not in. If something had fell on it, there would have been a lot of glass inside the vehicle but there wasn't. its a brand new car! 2009 Ford Focus. Haven't even had it a year. Company wont cover it under warranty because they believe something hit it. I said no. I did my research and found 3 other Ford vehicles that have had the same thing happen. This is a very dangerous situation and needs to be looked at. Its unsafe. I could have had little pieces of glass in my eye!!! or if I had a passenger they would have gotten all these little shards of glass on them. Completely ridiculous. Something needs to be done.

- Brandon, VT, USA