- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- June 3: Ford PowerShift Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus news | 24 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 30 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 33 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 33 days ago
2009 Ford Focus
Worst 2009 Focus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine died while driving2
- idling roughly2
- surging while driving >45 mph2
- engine malfunction1
- noisy over potholes1
- rpm fluctuate at idle when A/C on1
- serpentine belt tensioner rattling1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control33
- NHTSA: Engine15
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.