- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 19 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 28 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 50 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 56 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 63 days ago
2009 Ford Focus
Worst 2009 Focus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine died while driving2
- surging while driving >45 mph2
- engine malfunction1
- idling roughly1
- noisy over potholes1
- rpm fluctuate at idle when A/C on1
- serpentine belt tensioner rattling1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control31
- NHTSA: Engine14
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.