- December 18: Ford Recalls 500,000 Mustangs To Fix Exploding Airbags
- December 4: Ford Recalls Mustang Sports Cars and Transit Connect Cargo Vans
- November 25: Ford Cleared in Steering Defect Investigation of 500,000 Cars
- November 18: Ford Fusions Recalled So They Don't Roll Away
- November 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes Lawsuit Still Breathing
2009 Ford Focus
Worst 2009 Focus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- surging while driving >45 mph2
- engine died while driving1
- engine malfunction1
- noisy over potholes1
- serpentine belt tensioner rattling1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control24
- NHTSA: Engine10
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling5
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.