- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 2 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 5 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 23 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 26 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 53 days ago
2009 Ford Focus
Worst 2009 Focus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine died while driving2
- surging while driving >45 mph2
- engine malfunction1
- idling roughly1
- noisy over potholes1
- rpm fluctuate at idle when A/C on1
- serpentine belt tensioner rattling1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control32
- NHTSA: Engine15
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.