2.4

2009 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Focus:

2009 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jan 012015

Focus

Vehicle was stationary...in the past year...all door handles have become broken...I can not get into vehicle from outside of the vehicle...I have to leave driver side window down to open door from inside on rainy days I have to leave backseat down to enter through the trunk of vehicle to get into vehicle...the back doors do not open from inside or outside...I am currently 28 weeks pregnant this is the only vehicle I have and is becoming very difficult to enter my vehicle...not to mention how unsafe it is and will be once my child is born.

- Franklin, MO, USA

Sep 022016

Focus

All four door handles are broken...cannot get into the car unless I leave a window down...on rainy days I have to leave back seats down and get in through the trunk of vehicle...from 2015-2016...car was stationary...I would try to open door the handle would break you can the piece that breaks fall on the inside of door

- Franklin, MO, USA

May 102015

Focus

The back door looks stay locked, you can no longer unlock with key pod nor manually on the inside. Back seat is useless to me now. I have tried various things like changing fuses seeing if I could force unlock. But I don't use child safety locks so don' T think that is issue.

- Alexander, AR, USA

Feb 022016

Focus

The back doors have locked, and cannot be unlocked with the key fob, lock button or manually.

- Barton, NY, USA

Jan 152016

Focus

The motor mount which sit on top of the engine that constantly make the entire car to shake extremely. Motor mount was replace and within 6 months the same results.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 102015

Focus

While driving down the interstate at 70 miles per hour, the car dropped out of cruise control and coasted to 5 miles per hour. Pressing the gas pedal had no result. We were lucky to avoid collision with nearby cars and coasted off the interstate into a park and ride lot. Car had to be towed to dealer repair. We were told by Ford dealer that the throttle body had died and had to be replaced. This Ford certified preowned car is still covered by powertrain warranty but this does not include throttle body. Numerous actions with Ford regarding faulty throttle bodies is widely reported and we believe this issue should be addressed in a formal recall for 2009 Ford Focus. Repair is $875 which we believe Ford should be covering.

- Marshalltown, IA, USA

Oct 202014

Focus 4-cyl

This is getting absolutely ridiculous! I am on my sixth set of tires!! they wear uneven after less than 20K miles making a more than annoying wobble. I have gotten numerous alignments and new sway arm links. Dealership said I needed new bearings another alignment and another set of tires! at this point I have spent over $6000 on repairs to this vehicle all related to the same issue!!! there's obviously something wrong that Ford needs to fix! I have seen tons of complaints on here involving the same issue, so this is obviously not related to my driving. A recall needs to be made and this needs to be addressed! I did not buy this car brand new off the lot for 26K to have to keep dumping money into it! the fact that Ford will not own up to this being a horrible assembly/planning/product is appalling and I will never buy a Ford product again!!

- Grand Ledge, MI, USA