2012 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jan 142013

Focus 4-cyl

The electrical system has a short somewhere that causes the horn to stop working intermittently and also the brake lights to fail intermittently. I have checked fuses and contacted Ford and there are no recalls. This caused an accident on 02/23/2013. A man backed into my vehicle in a parking lot (with my two babies in the back seat) and I couldn't blow the horn to let him know I was behind him. I was helpless to stop it from happening. I believe it is illegal in most (or all) states to not have a working horn on the vehicle. Ford refuses to recall, diagnose, or repair this vehicle at no cost to me. I believe that this is a very serious safety issue and I feel that nobody will take me seriously.

- Fort Knox, KY, USA