2012 Ford Focus body / paint problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 12 of 13)

Aug 302015

Focus

Driver's side car door swung open in parking lot. Door will not close or latch at all. Could have caused injuy or damage.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 252015

Focus

I was driving to an early morning meeting (5:30am) when the driver side door suddenly opened without warning. Once the door opened, it would no longer latch. The car door had to be manually held firmly closed for the duration of the trip. With every turn, the door would attempt to fly open.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Aug 202015

Focus

My 2012 Ford Focus has a faulty back driver side door that will not close. Had to take to dealer and pay $503 to repair this problem. According to Ford the fiesta has displayed this same problem; however, my particular VIN number has not been included in this recall. "the door latch in these vehicles may experience a broken pawl spring tab, which typically results in a condition where the door will not latch, " the company said in a statement. "if a customer is then able to latch the door, there is potential the door may unlatch while driving, increasing the risk of injury." "Ford is aware of two allegations of soreness resulting from an unlatched door bouncing back when the customer attempted to close it, and one accident allegation when an unlatched door swung open and struck an adjacent vehicle as the driver was pulling into a parking space, " the company said. No information about the recall has been posted on the web site of the national highway traffic safety adminstration, which oversees vehicle safety in the U.S. "in response to a thorough NHTSA investigation that demonstrated a clear risk to safety, Ford is taking important action to protect its customers, " said NHTSA administrator mark rosekind in a statement sent to edmunds. "we are pleased that Ford is taking this proactive step for safety." Last month, NHTSA upgraded a probe into the 2011-'13 Ford fiesta for door-latch problems. "Ford identified the issue and we have been investigating it through our normal process, " wrote Ford spokeswoman kelli felker in response to a query from edmunds. "Ford is working cooperatively with the Agency and has discussed this recall with NHTSA." The recall includes 336,873 vehicles in the U.S. and federalized territories, 30,198 in Canada and 22,514 in Mexico.

- North Miami Beach, FL, USA

Jul 202015

Focus

This car is relatively new. All of a sudden and with any notice, both doors on the driver side stopped working properly. They close but do not lock. I have had to drive the car with the doors tied as the Ford dealership wants to charge me a large amount of money to repair the situation. This is a major safety issue. I contacted the Ford dealership and the Ford Motor Company. I was told that they are not responsible for the problem and that I had to repair the car myself. Very irresponsible because they have recalled the fiesta and the Fusion for exactly the same problem.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 162015

Focus

Right-side passenger door latch failed while driving on freeway. Door flew open and would not re-close. My child injured her arm when the door bounced back. This is the second door latch to fail in less than a week.

Jul 102015

Focus

Driver door latch failed and flew open while driving. Door would not stay closed.

Jul 142015

Focus

Door would not stay closed....updated 09/03/15.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Jul 102015

Focus

Cornering at 10-15 mph and front driver door latch made a popping noise and door flew open. Door will no longer latch and lock.

Jul 012015

Focus

While driving to a store, took a right hand turn and driver side door flew wide open. I held the door shut while driving with one arm. My brother who had a 2013 Ford fiesta had the same problem with both rear doors, and his passenger door. This issue I have heard of thousands of times and yet no recall? it's going to take someone falling out of their car and the car hitting innocent bystanders for this to become serious for Ford to fix. The dealership wants $500 for this fix despite its a known manufacturer defect, and terrible design. 2010+ Ford cars in my opinion are all garbage, and Ford service does not care.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 072015

Focus

I have a Ford Focus 2012 it has power lock on the doors. 3 doors lock with the remote just fine the door behind the drivers seat wont even close. It opens when I turn corners. This is a safety issues especially when I have small children, this car has had two recall fixes one with car rolling back even though it is an automatic and a transmission failure all due to electrical issues. I feel that the this is another one given that my passenger left rear door cant even be manually locked its only locked and unlocked electrically, there is nothing blocking the door to make it not close only the lock itself.

- Converse, TX, USA

Mar 182015

Focus

The rear driver side door latch will not close the door just bounces back open if you attempt to close it. I have to use a cord or rope to tie the door handle closed or it would swing open during vehicle operation.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Feb 192015

Focus 4-cyl

Car lost power and engine light came on while traveling southbound on I-95. Underneath parts and lower body panels caught fire and melted. Vehicle was towed to the paul clark Ford dealership in yulee, fl. Where it was discovered the engine had experienced a catastrophic engine failure. There was a hole a little smaller than a basketball blown out of the bottom of the crankcase with the oil pump and pieces of the engine laying on the shield covering the oil pan. The car had just been fully serviced with it's routine oil change, recommended service routine, etc by same dealer. Even though the vehicle is under full warranty, nothing has been done to repair the vehicle as of yet. Ford is conducting an internal review and said it could take up to 90 days before a determination is made. They also have not offered a loaner vehicle or a rental car to the owner while this process is taking place.

- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA

Dec 022014

Focus 4-cyl

Driving to get the mail.our mail box is at the end of our road about half a mile from the house. There is a drainage ditch that must be crossed parallel too the road that has the mail boxes on it. This is a T intersection. Just before the ditch the car slowed so I pressed the throttle to regain speed and nothing happened I pressed the throttle again and it acted as if it had been floored and did not return. The car sped up and went into the ditch even though I was pushing on the break.it flew out of the ditch and through the mail boxes, taking out three boxes and trapping me in the car with boxes on each side preventing the doors from opening. The car received a lot of body damage and had to go to the shop.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Oct 062014

Focus

Was parking car when suddenly it lunged forward at a fast speed, I lost control and hit car in front of me plus 3 other cars then crashed into cement wall. I hit my head and left side of body on the door, I bruised my rib cage front & back plus my left leg very bruised. I was very lucky I didn't get killed.

- Westminster, CO, USA

Aug 212014

Focus 4-cyl

I turned onto a two lane street (one lane in each direction). The oncoming traffic was stopped due a red light. An SUV pulled out of a parking lot between two of the cars waiting for the light to turn green and tried to cut across my lane also, but hit my car instead. I drive a Ford Focus, a small car. I was hit on my driver's side front fender and door. The front driver's side fender and mirror were torn completely off of the car. The front driver's side tire was damaged, and something was bent, so that the tire could no longer be set in a straight position. The hood was bent, and the driver's side headlight was hanging from the car. The interior portion of the driver's side foot well caved inward and hit my legs. The driver's door was hit so hard that the door would not open, and I had to untangle my feet, and exit the car from the passenger side. My tiny car was hit by an SUV that had "punched" the gas to try and cross in front of me- but hit my driver's side door instead. There was a great deal of damage done to my car, but my airbag never deployed. I've heard of airbags going off when someone barely hit something with their bumper, yet I got hit directly in my door, at a decent rate of speed by an automobile twice the size of mine, and my airbag did not deploy. Not my front airbag, nor my side impact airbags. I have to believe this is some type of defect.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Oct 172012

Focus

I was driving a nearly brand new 2012 Ford Focus at approximately 45-50 mph when collided with another car traveling at least equivalent if not higher speed. I saw the other car attempting pulling in front of me after failing to stop at a stop sign and I tried to stop the car by braking, but the car was not able to slow down or stop in time. I T-boned the other car and my car was dragged by the other car and rested on the side of the road. As a result, my car was totaled. On the police report, the police indicated the crash was moderate. The water pump, bumper and other stuff came off the car, but the airbags were never deployed. I sustained head and cervical spinal injuries.

- Westlake Village, CA, USA

Oct 192012

Focus 4-cyl

Transmission shutters causing whole car to shake. Acts as if the fly wheel is glazed over and clutch can not engage properly, this is turn caused a body vibration making a loud vibration noise. Ford knows of this problem and has yet to have a recall to make a permanent fix. Ford replaced a clutch pack in my car but the design is flawed - this will happen again and at my expense. Ford agreed to extend my warranty mileage but not the time in which use said mileage. The original warranty was 60K or five yrs. Now its 100K or five yrs, two of which are gone. Increasing the mileage does nothing for me the warranty still expires at the same time. Ford is well aware of this problem in the fiesta and Focus models. I'm a professional mechanic for over 25 yrs. I've talked with several Ford shops and they are very aware of this issue. I spoke with the owner of the dealership I bought the car from and he even stated that was the no.1 topic at a Ford convention in vegas this yr. This is simply a poor design and Ford wants the customer to pay for it. My car stared this problem around 13K and Ford has been yanking me around for another 13K before putting in the replacement parts that are no doubt going to fail again. My gas mileage in town went from 33.5 to 24.5 and this was also acceptable to Ford - not me. This needs to be fixed right away before a total transmission failure kills someone.

- Avon, IN, USA

Aug 102013

Focus 4-cyl

The vehicle was parked with the engine off. A fire spontaneously began in the engine compartment. The vehicle was in service for 14 months, bought new and under a maintenance contract. No previous issues.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jan 022012

Focus 4-cyl

I bought the 2012 Ford Focus sel on November 18th 2011 and first recall was Jan 02 2012 they reprogrammed the transmission and there was a 2nd recall and the reprogrammed the transmission again but im still having hesitation on startups and loses power as well but hasn't stalled yet but I thought few times it will stall out but it didn't. I hope Ford can fix the hesitation of this vehicle but if not then I will never buy a Ford again. Also the suspension is very hard on bumps. Feels like there is no shocks on the car. Very disappointed on my front windshield. Cracked when I only had 15,000 miles on the car.

- Clawson , MI, USA

Oct 012012

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. The contact stated that whenever there was sun shining on the dashboard, the reflection would blind her visibility of the roadway. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified but provided no assistance. The failure mileage was 5,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Seal Beach, CA, USA