2012 Ford Focus body / paint problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 6 of 13)

May 272015

Focus

Door latches on the Ford focuses have a tendency to break without any warning. I opened my rear left door to deposit something in the backseat, tried to close the door, and I realized it wouldn't shut because the door latch had broken. Luckily, I was parked in a parking lot, but I had to drive the car down to the dealership holding the door closed the entire way because I didn't have any way to wire it shut. It posed a serious safety hazard.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 202016

Focus

The rear driver's side door latch failed. This is the second latch that I have has failed on the car. The driver's side door latch failed in November 2015. I was pulling out of a parking spot (going in reverse) when the door open warning light came on. I had just put my dog in the car and closed the door. The door latch failed suddenly and the door will not close.

- Seminole, FL, USA

Jul 112016

Focus

Driver side door came open while car was in motion, being driven on a city street. Driver side door will not stay closed. Door latch has failed.

- Seffner, FL, USA

Jul 142016

Focus

With 65300 miles on my vehicle, the drivers door latch failed. The door will not latch.I must secure the door with a bungee cord. My dealer informed me that my vehicle VIN is not part of any recall and that the repair of the single door is $600. No accommodation of any kind was offered.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Jul 172016

Focus

Driver door latch has failed. Will not keep the door closed. Same problem as Ford Fusion and Ford fiesta. Please make Ford add the Focus for a door latch recall. Car was stationary when defect occurred. Went to closed the door and it would latch.

- Rogers, AR, USA

May 122016

Focus

The drivers side rear door latch would not latch. I had to tie up the door from the inside and tape the door shut from the exterior. With the door not able to latch the car could not be driven or the door would fly open. I bought a latch from Ford and replaced the entire assembly.at a shop. Total cost over $350. I may have purchased the same latch that came with the vehicle. This could happen again on any door. The car was parked when I came back I noticed the door would not shut. Therefore I tied it and taped it to get home.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Jul 162016

Focus

Driver side door will not stay closed. Worked fine then would not latch close. The door now will swing open unless held in place.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jul 122016

Focus

The rear drivers side door latch has a broken spring and will not latch at all! my son went out to the car to leave and put my grandson in the back seat and tried to close the door and it wouldn't latch. He called for someone to pick up the 3 year old then used his belt to tie the door shut and took it bill utter Ford. Ford has informed us the part is not covered and it is on a major back order with no estimated date of availability. They are not willing to give us a loaner car until part comes in. The Focus is not safe to drive with a broken door latch! this car has 70,000 miles and was a certified preowned when we bought it.

- Denton, TX, USA

Jul 062016

Focus

Rear passenger door latch stopped latching door bounces shut and open again not closing properly. I had to secure it with a cord anchored to another part of the car interior to drive home. I already had this same issue with the driver rear door latch. The check door light comes no and of as driving while the door is tied shut.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 132016

Focus

As I started my drive to work on 7/13/16 on my county road and my indicator light came on and said passenger door open. I exited my vehicle to find my rear driver side door open and would not close. This is not the only time this has happened, I had to replace the latch on the rear passenger side less than a year ago. This is a major safety concern for me and my family but also puts a burden on my financial situation, considering I cannot drive my car to work until this problem is fixed.

- Wills Point, TX, USA

Jul 102016

Focus

Car door won't latch. Swung open at random and will not stay closed. Occurred in motion, backing out of my driveway. Similar recall for different Ford vehicles but not the Ford Focus 2012.

- Ogden, UT, USA

Jul 092016

Focus

Driver rear door latch broken while driving. Leaving a parking garage the rear door suddenly swings open nearly hitting a passing car. After pulling over to close the door it is apparent the door latch is broken and will not latch at all. I have a short video showing the failure of the door to latch if needed.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Jul 102016

Focus

I have now an issue with my passenger door that will not close. I opened my door and went to close it and it popped back open. Would not latch to close. As a result I had to tie the door closed. My car was in a parked position and I was placing items on the back seat. I was ablebto open the door but as I attempted to close the door would not engage or latch just popped open.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 072016

Focus

My driver side latch has failed. My car door won't close properly on its own.

- Ringgold, GA, USA

Jul 092016

Focus

The passenger rear driverside door won't close. There was no event that happened to cause this issue, it just stopped functioning all on it's own and just like my 1st report on this same vehicle last month regarding the front passenger door doing the exact same thing and Ford Motor Company knew this problem existed 2-3 years ago and cunsumers were never notified of this potential danger of the doors coming open w/O warning and malfunctioning. Does someone have to get seriously hurt, or worst, die B4 Ford is forced to recall these effected vehicles for repair" as a consumer, I want to know why Ford isn't forced to take care of this problem" as of now I have 2 doors that won't close so they can't be locked and I have no garage to put the vehicle in, so it's very volnerable to theft if it's noticed these doors are not closed and if it rains, the vehicle will recieve water damage on the nterior. So, how long now B4 another door stops working in this same manner. I was preparing the vehicle 07/09/16 for taking it on 07/11/16 to another repair facility than Ford to get an estimate on fixing the 1st door reported on last month to you, in hopes tat it would be a lot cheaper than $600, but now that 2 doors are faulty, it's no way I can afford doing that and as I thought about it, this was Ford was hoping people would do probably, I'm not in their heads or meetings. This is their design issue (flaw), they need to fix this, or take this vehicle back and return all our money invested in this vehicle including down payment and monthly payments, which are all on time since day 1.

- Tonopah, AZ, USA

Focus

Door latch failure during driving. I was driving the car, took a right turn and out of nowhere the driver's door came unlatched and opened. I was able to get the car home by holding the door shut and driving basically with 1 hand. After arriving at home, it became evident through multiple attempts to close and latch the door that the latch was malfunctioning. This problem is not only dangerous, it is also leaves my car more vulnerable for thief. Though research of recalls I am aware this is currently under investigation. We were in motion on a 4 lane road in a rural area and turning. This happened on July 8th, 2016

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Focus

Driver's door latch failure while stationary. Occured at 1315 on 8 July 2016. Unlocked vehicle and entered to drive home. Noticed door did not latch when pulled shut and freely opens. Was forced to tie a strap around front and back doors through open windows to get home. Without presure holding door closed, the door ajar warning sounds. Unable to safely lock vehicle overnight to prevent vandalism. Seems like it should be covered by NHTSA campaign number: 15V246000. Called local Ford dealer and was told it's not covered by any recall and that they would have to inspect first before giving more info. Since it is extremely inconvenient to get the car dropped off I haven't been able to followup today. Please contact me for more info.

- Waianae, HI, USA

Focus

My rear passenger side door will not latch close.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 062016

Focus

My vehicle had a door malfunction that wouldn't allow proper closure. As this was "after hours" for a typical dealership, I had to leave by car door ajar until we were able to get it into a service station. Once I did, I learned that this was an incredibly common malfunction and was advised that I shouldn't lean from the inside on any of my doors, including the driver door. I plead with Ford (both dealership and Ford corporate) to replace the necessary parts on all 4 of these defective doors, as this is a factory malfunction; well documented by thousands of Ford owners, and was told that it wasn't recalled so I'd have to settle for $600 per door in order to have this problem fixed. I, unable to afford $2400 in charges, now I have to hope that my car doesn't open while I am driving it. Which will only cause severe damage to any vehicle or persons around me if issue causes accident. I also will not be able to put my children in the car, or seated near passenger door, or back seat door that was not fixed - as they could have this situation happen. While always buckled, there is no guarantee that this horrifying factory defect won't cause harm while vehicle is in motion. At this point. I would hope that this issue only assists in getting a factory recall from Ford and for reimbursement of the $600 charge; before any further accidents. Not only for my children's sake, for my sake, or the numerous customers of these defective vehicles; but also for the sake of every driver and passenger on the road near an afflicted Ford vehicle. I plead for help in getting this fixed. Please.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 072016

Focus

The front driver's side door latch stopped closing. The part itself no longer closes around the pin causing the door not to shut or lock. Unless physically restrained, the door will swing open while driving causing several potential safety hazards. Thankfully it did not break while I was moving. I drove home from work, parked, and then left to go run errands, but when I went out to run errands the door did not close anymore. Upon visual inspection and comparison to the passenger side I noticed a small plastic piece that appeared to be broken off on the front of the latch.

- Abilene, TX, USA