2012 Ford Focus brakes problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 182012

Focus 4-cyl

I put my 2012 Ford Focus in park and left the motor running. I got out of my car to remove a box of donations at a local salvation army when the car started to roll forward. I jumped back into my car to stop it from rolling into the person in front of me and turned the wheel while practically standing on the brake with my right foot and had my left leg outside the vechile. The car would not stop until I eventually side swiped the persons car in front of me then crashed into a pile of donated furniture and curbing in front of the building. Once the car finally stopped I was able to shut the ignition off. It was just luck that I did not hurt anyone or myself.

- Lynn, MA, USA

Sep 152009

Focus 4-cyl

When in stop and go traffic, the vehicle lunges whenever you go back and forth from the accelerator to the brake, nearly causing several accidents.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Sep 272012

Focus 4-cyl

My boyfriend and I bought a 2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback on September first. After driving the car for a couple of days my boyfriend noticed that the transmission was not right but he thought this was happening just because the car was new. Then, when driving to work I noticed that when I stopped on any incline street between taking the foot off the brake and placing it on the accelerator, the car rolled back quite quickly to the point that I almost hit the car behind me. Days later, I started to feel that the steering required both hands at all times. It was constantly wandering and shaky specially during turns. To top it off on September 27th something terrible happened. I was in the drive way, I shifted from reverse to drive and the car took off at a lurch. The car accelerated so rapidly even with my foot on the brake pedal. I lost complete control of the vehicle. The car failed to slow down hitting two cars and tearing down a fence. I could finally stop the car when I quickly shifted to park. I do not understand how Ford sells this car with all these problems risking people's lives. This is a serious issue. How many fatalities are they waiting for" are they going to do something ever about these malfunctions" this is ridiculous if I have known all these issues with this car, I would have never bought it for sure.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Sep 122012

Focus 4-cyl

Experienced sudden electrical failure (loss of instruments, brake lights, turn signals, horn, etc.) - same problem as documented by other drivers (for examples, see www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?T=282965). This behavior makes the vehicle undriveable and unsafe (had these issues occurred at night, the consequences could have been very serious). My dealer, franklin Ford (franklin, MA) seems to be unaware of the prevalence of this issue. I look forward to a speedy resolution. Ford Motor Company also claims to have no knowledge of the occurrence of this issue in other cases. A quick web search reveals that the problem is increasingly common.

- Wrentham, MA, USA

May 012012

Focus 4-cyl

Vehicle rolls back after I begin to accelerate when I am stopped at a red light. I did receive a recall notice that had this type of problem listed. Vehicle had about 4700 miles on it. I took it in and they claimed that they fixed it but it could take up to 6 months for the "adjustment" to take place. This did not sound reasonable to me but they would not do anything further. This is definitely a safety issue when you are stopped in traffic.

- Hornbeck, LA, USA

May 092012

Focus 4-cyl

The emergency brake came off (completely). Ford is back? I do not think so if they overlook important aspects of the car.

- El Monte, CA, USA