2012 Ford Focus electrical problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 2 of 9)

Jul 182016

Focus

2012 Ford Focus. Divers side door latch did not secure and car door opened while vehicle in motion and jeapordazied the safety of my son. After several attempts to secure door it was unsuccessful. Notified Ford Motor Company and they advised no recall at the moment for such issue. Can only replace latch for cost of $640 dollars. I most recently took my 2013 Ford Fusion with the same issue and a recall was issued and door latch replaced,

- Saginaw, TX, USA

May 012016

Focus

Loud static sounds coming from dash. Happens intermittently. Extremely loud. Today can smell burnt electrical smell in passenger compartment. The static noise seems to happen when car is parked or just after parking vehicle and engine is still running.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jul 132016

Focus

Driver side rear door won't latch. Car was parked at the grocery store, and I opened the door to load groceries into car. When I closed the door, instead of latching, it bounced back out. I couldn't get it to latch at all. My 17 year old child had to sit in the back and hold the door closed to get home. It still won't latch, so I will have to have it fixed.

- Pinon Hills, CA, USA

Jun 112013

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. While driving at any speed, the vehicle lost power and stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 41,000.

- Corp Spring, TX, USA

Apr 082016

Focus

Radio has popping and cracking its really loud may catch on fire.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Jun 142016

- Normal, IL, USA

Jun 152016

Focus

For three years from 2013 to current I reported my car having intermittent electrical issues where my power steering would just fail and my speedometer would cease to function this could happen while driving or stationary.... I reported this to Ford and over the course of three years had the issue inspected but they could not resolve the issue.. now the car is out of warranty but say it is due to faulty censors.

- Pinellas Park, FL, USA

Jun 022016

Focus

In 2012 I purchased the vehicle from future Ford in sacramento California. Over the past four years, the car has problems with the transmission, PCM module, transmission control module, clutch, starter, steering wheel, electrical system. I took the car to two Ford dealerships for repairs. The service technicians cannot repair the car. I contacted Ford Motor Company many times and they refuse to refund my money and recall the vehicle the car is very dangerous to drive and a risk to my life and safety. Updated 07/19/16

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 032016

Focus

Driver side door will not shut. Opened door and tried to shut it but will not stay closed. Driver side door swings open when driving. Took it to a Ford dealership and they have heard of the problem on multiple occaisions.

- Kaneohe Bay, HI, USA

May 012016

Focus

Radio stopped working and very loud static noise comes from radio randomly. Dealer will not look at system without $90 charge. Noise is very loud and startling when it is going on even when car is off.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

Mar 302016

Focus

I was having issues with the electrical problem the horn went out for a period of time also the radio is not workingas well as the airbags did not deploy when I was recently in a vehicle accident I am lucky to be alive.I was making a left hand turn onto a road and was hit from the side the impact was enough to make my engine dismount but my airbags did not deploy.

- Newman, CA, USA

Oct 302012

Focus

The car has more than three major recalls.and Ford don't have the parts for repairs.. airbags, electronic clutch. And some other problems with no part S coming in!!!!! car has not been repaired.L have taken it in four time and told the parts are just coming in.temp repairs I am so so very tried of this! I have been a ower of 4 new Ford cars. And a customer for Ford & GMC not again.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Mar 312012

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. While driving at approximately 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and as able to restart. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired and the failure persisted. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the computer module needed to be reprogrammed. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred months later. The vehicle stalled recently without warning and was able to restart. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the power control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 600.

- Charlestown, IN, USA

Apr 272016

Focus

Ford Focus recall. Car lost all acceleration while driving about 10mph in traffic but electrical stayed on. Luckily it was traffic and I was able to coast to the roadside. Happened first in November 2015, dealer said it was battery dying. Happened again April 27 2016. Now they're saying it's transmission electrical issues.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Apr 042016

Focus

Steering freezes, makes a very dangerous moment, door window doesn't suddenly work. Feel a recall should be in effect, chosen states have a recall on the steering, but not in Texas, I'm a senior citzen, living off gove. Benitfits, can't afford the price to fix, the vehicle was stationary, and one time in motion.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Apr 042016

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. While driving 30 mph, the doors on the vehicle locked and unlocked automatically and the tcm light illuminated. The contact stated that the failures occurred after the vehicle was repaired under a manufacturer recall for a system update. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 69,817.

- Eufaula, OK, USA

Feb 172016

Focus

While driving the radio made a loud crack and stopped working. After researching this problem I discovered many others with the same problem.

- Greensburg, PA, USA

Mar 012015

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. While driving at various speeds, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to be restarted. Approximately 30 seconds later, the engine stalled and did not restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the control module and the transmission failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired five times, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was inoperable. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 40,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Venice, FL, USA

Jul 052012

Focus

My car has transmission problems. Every single time I start and stop the car shudders and hesitates. The car is unsafe to drive. Also the car's cruise control broke within 3 months of owning the car, it was fixed and then broke again a month later. And hasn't worked in 2 years. This car is junk. I have taken it to three different Ford dealerships and they refused to fix the problem. They would tell me there was nothing wrong with the transmission it was the way I drive. Every time I took it in for the cruise control Ford would tell me that they were unable to fix the problem because the cruise was working that day, when it never worked for me. They refused to fix the problems and I finally ran out of a warranty and gave up. I don't have the money to pay to have this car fixed when I bought a brand new car I college to not have to worry about getting work done to a car. This has been the biggest disappointment and I just want them to be recalled. Ford owes it to all the customers that are currently stuck with this car and paying big money for a car that doesn't work. I don't not feel safe allowing my family in the car because it is too dangerous to drive. It stresses me out on a daily basis having to drive this car and never knowing when it's going to stop working. I have been having there problems since I bought the car in July of 2012.

- Oak Harbor, OH, USA

Mar 032016

Focus

Went to start my 2012 Ford Focus SE on 3/3/16 and immediately received a message stating "power steering malfunction". the steering wheel felt like it locked up and was very difficult to turn. Thank goodness I was in my driveway and not on the road with my kids in the car! we were able to get the car to apple Ford in columbia md where they ran diagnostics and said we need to replace the the steering rack, which will cost $1,950!! after reading the forums, complaints and pending lawsuits online, it is clear that this is a common issue where several models are being recalled. My VIN has not been associated with that recall, but I'm desperately hoping that it will soon. This is an electric issue causing the power steering to fail, and it's happening to so many Ford owners. Please take action!

- Odenton, MD, USA