2012 Ford Focus lights problems

lights problem

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 222016

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, the low beam headlamps failed. The contact stated that the headlamp bulbs were replaced however, the failure immediately recurred. The contact stated that the headlamp wiring harness had melted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Paron, AR, USA

Jun 242016

Focus

2012 Ford Focus. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle headlights will not switch to bright. The consumer stated the headlights remained on dim and she was unable to switch them off and they would come on, when the vehicle was started. The vehicle was taken to the dealer repeatedly for the defect. On the last occasions, the vehicle functioned normally for a few days, but returned to its original problem within a few days. Additionally, there were two incidents, where the headlights simply ceased to work while driving at night.

- Gilbert, WV, USA

Feb 242016

Focus

I've already had problems with the transmission (recall issue) that causes the grinding and jerking of the vehicle...and still have to address these. But just this week my blinkers started coming on (when I turned off my motor), and some alarm started sounding until I started up the car. Really, really concerned at this point! not a safe vehicle. My second Ford Focus (my 2003 was a dream!)...wondering what went wrong in the factory!

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Nov 062015

Focus

Purchased vehicle 6 months ago from auto nation Ford union city, ga. First there was a problem with tire, then there is a problem with " brake lamp" then there is a major problem with " transmission malfunction". car would not accelerate and stopped in mid traffic. Auto nation "said" they repaired as a result of recall, but I drove the car 8 hours after I picked it up from auto nation and car still having the same " transmission malfunction" problem, I could not accelerate, and car stopped on highway. In addition, the " brake lamp" message also flashed on the dash. I took car back to the dealer where it remains with auto nation Ford, union city, ga. The car is unsafe to drive. Furthermore, please investigate the dishonest service and sales practices at this dealership

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Aug 212014

Focus 4-cyl

I turned onto a two lane street (one lane in each direction). The oncoming traffic was stopped due a red light. An SUV pulled out of a parking lot between two of the cars waiting for the light to turn green and tried to cut across my lane also, but hit my car instead. I drive a Ford Focus, a small car. I was hit on my driver's side front fender and door. The front driver's side fender and mirror were torn completely off of the car. The front driver's side tire was damaged, and something was bent, so that the tire could no longer be set in a straight position. The hood was bent, and the driver's side headlight was hanging from the car. The interior portion of the driver's side foot well caved inward and hit my legs. The driver's door was hit so hard that the door would not open, and I had to untangle my feet, and exit the car from the passenger side. My tiny car was hit by an SUV that had "punched" the gas to try and cross in front of me- but hit my driver's side door instead. There was a great deal of damage done to my car, but my airbag never deployed. I've heard of airbags going off when someone barely hit something with their bumper, yet I got hit directly in my door, at a decent rate of speed by an automobile twice the size of mine, and my airbag did not deploy. Not my front airbag, nor my side impact airbags. I have to believe this is some type of defect.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Nov 152013

Focus

So many of these listed vehicles running at night with no tail lights. Headlamps and dash lights on. Why is Ford not being made to fix this problem? it is a safety issue to the rest of us on the road. This is for Ford Focus, escape, others 2011, 2012, 2013.

- Fernley, NV, USA

Feb 142013

Focus 4-cyl

Oil leak from rear main seal leaking onto cluthes. The car rolls back on hills and makes flapping noises. Also, at times it starts and stops like it's not getting gas.

- Danville, IL, USA

Sep 122012

Focus 4-cyl

Experienced sudden electrical failure (loss of instruments, brake lights, turn signals, horn, etc.) - same problem as documented by other drivers (for examples, see www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?T=282965). This behavior makes the vehicle undriveable and unsafe (had these issues occurred at night, the consequences could have been very serious). My dealer, franklin Ford (franklin, MA) seems to be unaware of the prevalence of this issue. I look forward to a speedy resolution. Ford Motor Company also claims to have no knowledge of the occurrence of this issue in other cases. A quick web search reveals that the problem is increasingly common.

- Wrentham, MA, USA