2012 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 3 of 9)

Aug 052016

Focus

I was driving on a city street travelling 50 mph when my car started to stall. I hit the gas and my car jerked and stalled again. Then my car read a message that said "transmission malfunction service now." Once I was able to get to a safe location, I parked my car and it made some funny sound almost like a clunking noise. This is not the first time my car has stalled out and had transmission issues. This is actually the third time I have been driving my car and been scared out of my mind due to my car stalling out while driving.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Aug 042016

Focus

The front driver-side door latch will not engage. I made sure the latch is not closed shut before closing the door. The door latch bar attached to the car goes inside the open latch seamlessly, however the latch will not hold. The only workaround I have found is to hold the door closed, lock the car, then push the door open and shut it again. Only then will the latch engage. When this first happened, the vehicle was in motion. I was driving from a restaurant and the "door ajar" light came on, the vehicle map said it was my driver side door. I tried to close it while driving on the highway, no luck, until I came across the workaround mentioned previously.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 032016

Focus

R/H rear door will not latch, door freely open with no action by user, while moving door open with any turn to the left

- Sun Valley, NV, USA

Jul 222016

Focus

While driving my 2012 Ford Focus the driver's door flew open when making a right turn on a state road. The dash flashed warning at same time door flew open. Unable to shut door, drove home holding door shut. Had vehicle towed to Ford dealership, door latch failure, replaced at my expense. I requested Ford dealership return defective part to me. Reported to Ford customer service department.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Aug 022016

Focus

I was driving home when my door flew open. I tried to close with no avail. I held my door closed until I got home and it still will not latch. I called to see if there was a recall and of coarse there is not. But was told a pencil would reset it, this did not work.

- Saginaw, TX, USA

Jul 312016

Focus

I was driving down the street--made a right hand turn and the drivers side door randomly swung open! I pulled over on the side of the street--the door would not close! it would not latch onto the car. I had to driver to my moms house, holding the car door, going 20 mph so that my dad could try and fix it. It took him two hours to get the car door to close!. I havent opened it since then because I'm afraid the door wont close again! ive been having to climb out of the passanger side!

- Tupelo, MS, USA

Jul 292016

Focus

The light showed the left rear door was opened so I open and close the door but it di'd not latch, I continue to close the door the latch wouldn't hold. I looked at the latch and it seemed to be loose, it was broken not sure how or why.

- Texas City, TX, USA

Jul 232016

Focus

The front door on the driver's side of my car suddenly stopped latching while I was in the middle of a road trip. It was operating correctly until I got out of my car to walk into a gas station. When I returned it would not latch. Instead, it would just bounce off the door frame without the latch engaging. I tested the latch to see if it was jammed, but the actual latch itself moved just fine when I moved it with my key. I had to tie the door to my leg with a belt to make the rest of the drive home. On Monday, I took the car to the dealership who told me it was a problem with the door latch, and that the entire unit would need to be replaced. The dealership quoted me a price of $680 for the repair, and neither the service manager nor Ford customer service were willing to provide any additional assistance. I had it replaced by a local auto shop that I trust, and they were able to do it for much cheaper than Ford's service department.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 072016

Focus

The rear driver side door lost the ability to shut. When I tried to close the door while parked in my driveway, it wouldn't latch. Had the car inspected and discovered the rear door latch has failed and needs to be replaced. Spoke to Ford and apparently the part is on a 4 month back order! not sure why this hasn't yet gone to recall. After doing some research, found out that this issue has been occurring on a lot of 2012-13 Focus, and an investigation has been started. I was charged $129 for the mechanic to inspect the car, but haven't had it serviced yet due to the part being on back order. I don't have the receipt for the inspection handy but can scan a copy if needed.

- Porter, TX, USA

Jul 252016

Focus

"takata recall" I own a Ford Focus 2012 and the latch on the drivers door broke off. It is a plastic piece. When I was making a turn my door flew open. Luckily, I had my seat belt on. If not I would have been flying out my vehicle with my children in the back seat.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Jul 272016

Focus

While driving my rear driver side door swung open unexpectedly. The latch will not lock onto the door pin.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Jul 242016

Focus

Drivers rear door latch will not latch. Luckily the car was parked at the time. The hook inside the latch just flops back and forth. No matter how hard you shut the door, it will not latch. Did internet search and it seems to be a problem with a lot of Focus's.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Jul 222016

Focus

The rear driver's side door spontaneously refused to stay shut. I was parked in my driveway. When I tried to back out of the driveway, the alarm sounded, indicating the rear door was ajar.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 092015

Focus

Takata recall. I have a 2012 Ford Focus that I bought about 2 years ago from someone on craigslist. It's my first car and has been the most amazing first car I could've asked for, when I first purchased it I had gotten a letter in the mail regarding my Ford and it told me to bring it into Ford because there was a recall on my transmission. So I brought it in to capistrano Ford turtle click, they told me to come back after the 4 day weekend because I probably didn't want my car sitting in the shop all weekend for such a minor problem. So I asked if my car was going to be fine for me to still drive in or should I just let it be until they could work on it. The man told me that my car would be fine and just bring it in after the weekend. I also called as soon as I was leaving the dealership and made an appt and also got it verified that my car would be fine to drive in until my appt. Funny thing the next day my gf and I we're driving and I stopped at a red light and it turned green went to hit the gas and my car just died. Didn't even feel like it turned off or anything and then it showed my car was not registering that it was in drive. So I call Ford and they had me tow the car to them and they said there had been a recall on the transmission something and they fixed it for me. So she was running so good and about 8 months down the line the same kind of problem with my transmission is happening except now I get in my car and will go to turn the key and it won't turn over, I have to let it ding 4 times and then it'll start. Very odd? I then will start driving and when it goes to shift into second gear it does a gnarly stall and it's almost like it can't catch the gears and it's been telling me "transmission too hot pull over safely" and then it just pulls itself out of gear and I kinda just coast into a spot. So I told Ford about it all and now they can't fix my car beca

- Capistrano Beach, CA, USA

Jul 202016

Focus

While at a stop, I tried to close my rear passenger door and the door latch failed to latch and hold the door closed. This is the third door latch to fail on this car.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Jul 192016

Focus

The driver door would not stay close nor will it locked. I can not drive my car anywhere.

- Llano, CA, USA

Jul 152016

Focus

The latching mechanism in the driver's side door suddenly stopped working, and the door would not close. There were no outside influences, the mechanism simply stopped working and the door would not latch.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 172016

2 door latches have broken within the past ten days. The car was stationary

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Jul 172016

Focus

The drivers side door came unlatched while driving, would not close.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jul 102016

Focus

Car will stall out when stopped. Gas needle will not work sometimes. Echeck engine light will come on and go off when gas it put into the vwhicle.it

- Conyers, GA, USA