2012 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 4 of 9)

Jul 162016

Focus

My rear passenger door latch broke. Door would not close. Took to mechanic and latch is broke spring mechanism is gone. Forced to have towed to dealership.

- Guthrie, OK, USA

Jul 152016

Focus

The door latch on the front driver side failed to lock in and the door could not be closed at all whenever I drove or parked the car. It is so dangerous for driving and the car is highly possible to be stolen. I have contacted the Ford (berge Ford, mesa, AZ) dealer service to fix the problem, but it costed me $440.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 132016

Focus

The driver side door latch malfunctioned, not allowing the door to shut. My son was driving the car on 07/14/2016 and stopped at the store. Upon returning to the car he noticed the lights on and door ajar. When he got in the car, the driver side door would not latch shut. He had to drive home holding the door shut with his hand, while steering with the other. This defect is an extreme safety issue. Brought the car to the Ford dealership and they advised that it was not covered by recall yet. I have to pay out of pocket.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 092016

Focus

My back passenger side door will not stay closed. I went into the store and when I came back I noticed my indicator kept telling me my door was opened. I got out and tried to close it bit it wouldn't stay closed. I had to use the seat belt just so it could stay closed on the way home. I feel like Ford should be held accountable for this malfunction.

- Valdoata, GA, USA

Jul 062016

Focus

Front drivers side door latch has failed. Door will not latch closed. Noticed while parked.

- Kihei, HI, USA

Jul 072016

Focus

My car starts when it want to it went dead on the interstate and would not start until the second time I turn the key it sit for a while and then it started

- Prichard, AL, USA

Jun 092016

Focus

The driver rear door latch stopped working. I opened the door from the outside like normal and then closed it. Started my car to leave my driveway and noticed that the light indicating that my driver rear door was open. I then proceeded to try and get it to latch with no prevail. I talked with a friend and found out that it was my latch that was bad and that there was a recall with the Fusion and fiesta models.

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Jun 302016

Focus

While car was in motion turning onto a busy street, the front driver side door flew open. After further examination the door is not latching.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Focus

My 2012 Ford Focus has had two door latches/lock fail. The latest one happened last week. It was the front passenger door that wont close at all. It just swings open and does not close no matter what. This happened to the front driver side door about 10 months ago too. Both have happened while the vehicle was parked at my work place. The first time I took in my car for service to the earnhardt Ford phoenix location, the Ford employee who took my information down said that the same thing happened to his same year model Focus. The second Ford employee who took my info down last week has also experienced this issue while moving/driving a friends Ford Focus.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 282016

Focus

While driving down my street I take a right hand turn and my door flies open and I attempt to catch it from slamming closed but the force was too great and the door pushed my arm back towards my body. The door hit the car and bounced instead of latching on. I pulled over and it said door ajar and the door would not latch! this is a major safety issue for my son and I, and Ford says it is not covered so it is costing me $529! this kind of safety issue should be covered much like the Ford fiesta and Fusion!

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 022016

• 1,500,053 miles

Tcm problems wife pulled out to a residential intersection and the car stalled, luckily no cars we're coming at the time she called me and was scared she didn't know what to do it took me I'm out 30 minutes to get to her meanwhile cars were backing up and going around her we pulled it into my mother-in-law's driveway which was near and ask my brother-in-law that is a mechanic to check it out and he indicated that it was the tcm that was out I have had problems with my transmission about six months after I bought it new it finally went out. I use this car to go to work I am a state circuit rider and put a lot of mileage on my car ilearn to deal with the sluggish transmission because of the dealers indicated they couldn't do anything about it just to reprogram the transmission that was done and that was the only thing that for done for my vehicle. After Ford indicated recall I had too many mileage on my vehicle to qualify it was just barely over 50,000 miles the first time. Second letter indicated for me to take the vehicle in to be checked but the dealer mechanic said that they had to physically hear or feel the shuddering of the transmission before they could program it again this went on until I had no warranty on my vehicle. The vehicle with sometimes do the shuttering or skipping of the transmission not all the time that's why the dealer said that he could not do it until it was doing it for him. So I learned to ignore the shuddering and skipping of the transmission and adapted to driving with it butt when my wife drove the car and it finally died on her that is too much to deal with.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Focus

My driver and driver's passenger door latches does not work on my vehicle. I am unable to close and secure my doors at home, work, nor out in public. The dealership told me that there was not a recall on this vehicle and I would have to pay up to 1400 on two new latches. My vehicle was stationary when I pulled the handle to open it and when I tried to close the door it never latch onto the door frame. I have rope and cords holding the door in place as I drive and when my kids travel to school. My doors are unsecured daily.

- Houston, TX, USA

Focus

The driver's side back door latch fail to close the door. From there on the door do not close anymore. This is a very dangerous issue not only for our childrens but for any passenger in this car.

- Hormigueros, PR, USA

Jun 272016

Focus

Door latch stopped working, door no longer closes, had to find bungie cord to tie the door shut so I could drive home. Vehicle was in motion when I noticed the problem.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Focus

We came out of restaurant shut driver. Door and would not latch had to drive home trying to hold shut, we were in parking lot.

- Marble Falls, TX, USA

Focus

The driver side door does not latch. I noticed it before driving so I held onto the door so it wouldn't fly open.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Jun 232016

Focus

Sunroof exploded. Just driving along a city street at approx. 45 mph and a loud bang sounded. All my windows are closed, ac is on 2, and suddenly I hear wind. I crack the divider back a bit, and I see the hole and shattered glass. Literally happened to me with no warning, at 8:00 pm today (June 23, 2016), so no Ford customer service. Driving it to a Ford dealership tomorrow to have it looked at. Is this a recurring issue?

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Jun 072016

Focus

Door latches on both driver and front passenger side doors have broken in the past 9 months. This is a persistent problems with other Ford models, however, they refuse to acknowledge this as an issue with Ford Focus. The door latch breaks for no reason and puts driver and passengers at risk of injury or death. The file attached is the original complaint issued to Ford in September 2015.

- Cave Creek, AZ, USA

Jun 222016

Focus

I was leaving after meeting up with a friend and as I turned my driver door opened out of no where causing my to strike another vehicle, turns out it's the door latch that won't close, so I'm sitting here startled writing this and my car door is still not able to close.

- Harlingen, TX, USA

May 192016

Focus

Driver door will not latch or lock in order to stay closed while driving nor while parked. The automatic locking system that engages after beginning to drive does not latch or lock the driver's door, resulting in a panel warning that the door is ajar.

- Whittier, CA, USA