2012 Ford Focus miscellaneous problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 5 of 9)

Jun 162016

Focus

Rear door latch failed. The door would not stay closed. I had previously had the latch on the front door replaced several months ago. I realized that this is an ongoing issue on the 2012 Ford Focus when I chatted with another owner of a 2012 Ford Focus who was is for the third time for a door latch replacement. Luckily, I have an extended warranty and my cost was $100. The cost without a warranty would be almost $275. This should not cost the owners of these cars anything. This is a safety issue. These latches fail without warning. Both times that the latches failed, they worked fine the previous day

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Focus

Drive side door will not stay latched. Door swings open while driving on highway. Door must be secured with a bungie cord. Ford refuses to pay for damage citing I not being the first owner of the vehicle. One week and the problem still has not been resolved. Part is on order. Ford is not concerned with the safety of their customers!

- Copperas Cove, TX, USA

Focus

Door latche on driver door would not latch. While traveling down highway 178 the drivers door came open and would not latch closed. I contacted the local Ford dealership and they said there was no recall on the door latches. I then looked on safe car and found that there has been other incidents of the same nature. I took my 2012 Ford Focus to the dealer to be evaluated and they said the door latch was bad. I F there has been so many incidents why isn't a recall been issued.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Focus

I opened the driver's side rear door to take out a few groceries, and when I was going to shut the door, it just bounced back. Now it just won't close at all, (it won't latch on) and I have to tie it down.

- Weslaco, TX, USA

Focus

While driving straight on a neighborhood road, the latch on the drivers side door suddenly broke and the door swung open. Similar issues led to recalls in the fiesta, but not yet the Focus.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Jun 122016

Focus

Driver side door came open while making a turn on a residential street at less than 10mph. 2012 Focus titanium had approximately 52,000 miles at time of incident.

- Eagle Lake, TX, USA

Jun 102016

Focus

Defective door latch (driver side). Door latch does not engage and "lock" closed to secure door. Door remains open at all times. My 16 year old daughter went to start her car for school this morning and noticed that the driver side door would not shut. Upon investigation I noticed that the latch would not engage and remained in the "open" position at all times.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Jun 062016

Focus

Door latch broken. Driver side door fails to latch. Door opened normally then tried to close door after taking seat. Door made a bang and I closed it and it bounced open. Tried closing and again and notice it would not latch. Had to use rope to tie door closed to get to work.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

Jun 022016

Focus

The latch for the drivers door is damaged it happened suddenly in my Focus 2012 hatchback.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jun 022016

Focus

Drivers door latch disengaged while driving and now does not lock.

- Oak Park, CA, USA

May 292016

Focus

Door latches failed. First one failed last October (back left) and now the driver's door failed (front left). First one happened when a passenger was getting in the vehicle (was not noticed till the vehicle was in motion) and the second one happened when I was leaving the vehicle (car was stationary). I am actually surprised that this has not had a recall yet. Had to pay out of pocket for both. You would think a car manufacturer could make a door latch last longer than 3-4 years.

- Valencia, CA, USA

May 262016

Focus

Driver door will not latch when trying to close. Latch assy door does not engage. The door just bounces open. Never have had any problem until it just happened. Dealer says they are not currently on recall, but if they replace it the cost is about $475. I feel it is a Ford problem on this vehicle and they should repair it no- charge. Maybe people have to be hurt or die first before it is resolved. Hope not !!!!!

- Ennis, TX, USA

Apr 262016

Focus

While driving down a residential road, the driver's side door opened. I stopped the vehicle and attempted to shut the door. The door opened without pulling the handle. Now the door no longer closes and must be held shut at all times by the driver.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 142016

Focus

Passenger front door will not latch.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

May 122016

Focus

My driver side from door flew open while driving. The door will not latch closed and I have to use rope to keep it closed.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Apr 292016

Focus

I have had two door latches fail on my 2012 Focus so far. The driver door was the first to fail, which has already been repaired on 12 February 2016 (documentation provided through upload). Door ajar warning light will not turn off. The driver's side door failed in my driveway, and I had to tie myself in using my seatbelt just to go get it repaired. This is a known and ongoing problem for Ford. The rear passenger door failed while the car was in motion; luckily a friend was able to grab the door and hold it close before it was struck by a passing car in the lane next to us on a city street. My kids were in the back seat at the time, and I fear that I cannot use my vehicle because it is unsafe to drive in its present condition, and the other two doors could fail at any time. My two-year-old daughter sits in a car seat right next to the left passenger door, and my wife typically sits in the front passenger seat, both of which seem as if they are next in line to fail. This is a huge safety concern and Ford should repair these at no cost, reimburse for money already spent, and even provide a tow truck to bring the vehicle safely to the dealership for repair. Currently my car has been sitting in the drive way for a week and I cannot really go anywhere because the door will not lock after this failure happens, which means someone can just open the door and take whatever they would like. In addition, it poses a potential problem with the battery since the interior and exterior lights will not turn off for approximately 30 minutes while the failed door latch leaves the door in the open position. The most recent case occurred on 29 April 2016, and is still not repaired because I cannot afford to fix it at this time.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 302012

Focus

The car has more than three major recalls.and Ford don't have the parts for repairs.. airbags, electronic clutch. And some other problems with no part S coming in!!!!! car has not been repaired.L have taken it in four time and told the parts are just coming in.temp repairs I am so so very tried of this! I have been a ower of 4 new Ford cars. And a customer for Ford & GMC not again.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Apr 242016

Focus

Driver's read door latch. Door suddenly would not shut anymore. Currently I strapping the door shut so that it will not fly open. Problem started when I noticed my lights indicated that a door was open.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Apr 232016

Focus

My drivers side door latch opened while driving and the door came open. I stopped and it would not closed the door stayed open. I called the Ford dealership and they said it is a known issue year a recall on the Focus has not been done. The cost to replace the door latch and mechanism was $517 that they are quoting me. This is a safety issue that is know.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 252016

Focus

I have had transmission problems from day one. The car studded and stop from time to time. I almost got into an accident with my daughter when the car suddenly stopped on me because of faulty transmission. The radiator also went out. The steering gear locked up on me while I was driving and I almost had an accident with my kids in the car.

- Houston, TX, USA