8.5

2013 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Focus:

2013 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Dec 032012

Focus 1.5L

Turning into traffic after being at a complete stop/ stop light or stop sign/ car stumbles or completely dies but with momentum restarts car and continues on. Lights on dash have come on. Dealer again says could not recreate symptom and nothing showed up on computer. Dangerous when oncoming traffic. This has happen multiple times.

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 022013

Focus ST 2.0L Turbo

Car dies out when stopping at a light or stop sign. Happens probably 6 times a week. Does not throw a code. Dealer cannot replicate problem. Started to pay more attension when I come to a stop. Normal idle is 800 to 1000 rpm. Noticed that at times the idle drops at a stop to as low as 500 rpm. Thinking that if it drops lower at times, the engine would die out. Still no fix as the dealer does not recognize that there is a problem.

- , Monee, IL, USA

Aug 272013

Focus Titanium 4

The car now has a rough idle. Took it into the dealer to see what caused the problem but the dealership said that no one else had reported this happening "while driving the engine stalls and cannot restart" but on review other drivers have experienced this. We were in the fast lane on the highway and could not even pull over. We could have been hit in the rear but a kind driver pulled over and waited with their flashers on while I tried to restart the car. After several minutes, it started on the three time.

- , Berkley, MI, USA

Nov 192012

Focus SE 2.0L I4 Gdi

car stalled getting on to the highway. Starting to regret the purchase so as of right now I am not completely satisfied with my purchase of a new 2013 ford focus.

- , Cedar Lake, IN, USA