CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.

The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.

2013 Ford Focus lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Focus:

2013 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Apr 302014

Focus 4-cyl

I was going to pick up my wife from work as usual. I am a very safe driver especially around corners. I was not driving more that15 mph when the car accelerated by itself. To avoid hitting a parked car I had to turn the steering wheel to the right. I went up on the driveway area. I hit a concrete wall portion or a driveway. Totaled the entire front right. Axle is broken. Air bag never deployed. Several months back they had to put in a brand new transmission. The car is just now 1 year old. It could not go up hills, park up hills. Transmission would turn off. Now it accelerated on it's own. My wife told me from the beginning this car is a lemon. I liked it so did not want to believe it! now I have to. I am still stiff all over. I have reported this to Ford auto body and my dealer. I hope they will be honest about all this. I do not feel I should be marked badly by my insurance or have my premium go up when this is not my fault. I hope Ford will at least help me out with a new replacement car for this lemon they sold me! now they will put through a claim on my insurance to repair the damage done to the wall. I hope my insurance premium will not go up. I should not have to held responsible for this when Ford has known about this problem for years and has many complaints. This I was not even aware of!

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

May 142013

Focus 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while sitting at a stop sign, she depressed the accelerator pedal to drive but the vehicle hesitated to move for a few seconds before surging and accelerating. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they stated that they could not diagnose the cause of failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80. Updated 11/19/13 the consumer stated the brake issue was repaired. The brake light continued stay on when the brake was not depressed.

- 386-212-2665, CA, USA

Oct 312012

Focus 4-cyl

When you turn on the headlights or if you turn on the front windshield wipers, the instrument cluster gauges, get "very dim". when the head lights are turned to off, all of the gage lights get brighter. This makes it very difficult to drive and see the speedometer during the daytime. I would like to drive with my running lights "on" during our travels in the daytime. But the gauges get to dim to read in the daylight, so we travel with our running lights in the "off" position. Our local Ford dealer says that is the way they are designed at the present time. The local dealer does not have a "fix".... this is a safety issue for me and my wife.

- Lake Wales, FL, USA

Oct 102012

Focus

My 2013 Ford Focus hatchback, in the daytime you can not read the speedometer gage in the cluster panel. The gage lighting needs to be brighter. The speedometer gage is set back in the dash and the dim lighting make it very hard to see how fast you are traveling. We live in sunny Florida and the bright sun during the day makes it very difficult to tell your mph. The instrument dimmer switch is adjusted to the highest setting. On a cloudy day or at night it is not a problem to see & read. I drove 2 other 2013 Ford Focus hb and they all have the same problem. The Ford dealer said there is no known fix. This is a serious hazard, if one can not clearly read the speedometer gage. I sure hope at some point in time, this can be corrected. Thank you.

- Lake Wales, FL, USA