- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 9 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 9 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 13 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 21 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bad hesitation/jerking when starting from a stop position79
- shuddering in transmission34
- grinding noise18
- transmission slips17
- hesitation and stalling11
- the problem is well known by ford and the dealers8
- transmission failure7
- rolls backwards on incline with automatic transmission6
- not shifting properly4
- car stops moving, but still running3
- dealer is authorized by ford, legally, to sell lemons2
- jerks while shifting1
- loud rattle1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.