- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 2 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 7 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 17 days ago
- March 3: Ford Recalls Edge, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln Continental recalls | 19 days ago
- February 26: Judge Dismisses Ford Power Steering Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
2014 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
Worst 2014 Focus transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bad hesitation/jerking when starting from a stop position89
- shuddering in transmission39
- transmission slips20
- grinding noise18
- hesitation and stalling11
- the problem is well known by ford and the dealers8
- transmission failure8
- rolls backwards on incline with automatic transmission7
- not shifting properly4
- car stops moving, but still running3
- dealer is authorized by ford, legally, to sell lemons2
- jerks while shifting2
- loud rattle2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.