- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 11 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 21 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 27 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 40 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 52 days ago
Bad Hesitation/Jerking When Starting From A Stop Position
2014 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.
Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 17,344 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 87 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (51 reports)
- no solution (13 reports)
- recall on transmission (13 reports)
- clutch replacement (5 reports)
- install new clutch shaft (2 reports)
- transmission control module recall (2 reports)