5.3

2015 Ford Focus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Focus:

2015 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Aug 152016

Focus

Purchased mid August 2016. We have put approx 750 miles on it in that short time. 1st incident, my wife stopped and while the car was in drive rolled backwards on an incline that resembles level. 2. from stop attempting to accelerate it jumps, stutters and barley moves. We have already had a near collision in an intersection due to this. Additionally, while getting on the on ramp it is so sluggish at times, that we are not even at proper speed to get on a freeway. Unsafe, purchased from enterprise who told us nothing about this at the time of purchase. Enterprise is allowing people drive away in these piles. If there hasn't been deaths, there will be. Enterprise is not advising customers of this because they have many in their fleet they must move out. Shame on them. Note: The following from the enterprise web site. Worry free ownership. Our job doesn't end when you pull off the lot. For your continued driving pleasure, we offer a unique combination of benefits to keep you happy down the road. They boast about a 12 month/12,000 mile powertrain warranty (limited) so you don't have to worry. They will tell you all of the issues we be taken care of. This is a lie because Ford doesn't have the answer yet.

- Lakeside, CA, USA

Jun 052016

Focus

Have had my Ford Focus just over 2 months. When I bought it noticed that it seemed to hesitate with acceleration after I come to a complete stop. Took it back to dealer they assured me that they reset my transmission and everything would be fine. It still has been doing it. Have another appointment with dealership to see what my options are. It does well on the highway but on the street or regular traffic it does it every time. It bothers me because ive been almost hit a couple times because it shakes and then goes.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Nov 092015

Focus

The car lurches forward, experiences delayed acceleration all the time, delayed downshifting and vehicles that have trouble stopping. It is scary when I go to pull out and the car just revs and does not move I step on gas it will slowly go, then it will just rev. Several times I had to pull to side of shoulder to get out of the way because the car was not accelerating. Scary when my kids are in the car. It does it on a weekly bases. I have taken it in several time but they say sorry if they cant see the car doing it they cant fix it. This is a safety hazard when the car does not accelerate to move.

- Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Dec 282015

Focus

I was driving on a major road at speeds of 50mph when car lost all power to the wheels and transmission slipped. I was leaving a mall parking lot and accelerating when the car jerked dangerously and stopped accelerating causing me to loose speed and control of the vehicle. Probable cause: Transmission failure or disconnect.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 012015

Focus

When accelerating the transmission is stuttering, grinding and performing poorly. Ford said that this is happening because "I drive too carefully, the transmission is designed to be driven aggressively and will get stuck between gears unless you 'floor it'".

- Louisville, KY, USA