2014 Ford Focus Electric electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Focus Electric:

2014 Ford Focus Electric Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 022014

Focus Electric

On 4 separate occasions with 48 hours the "stop safely now" warning appeared on the dash accompanied with a total loss of power and/or the engine shutting off while the vehicle was in motion. These occurred in distinctly different scenarios: While accelerating from a stop, while braking, and two occurrences while traveling at 45 mph and 35 mph. The brakes and steering thankfully still worked however accidents almost occurred in the two higher speed scenarios. The vehicle could be restarted after it was turned off and on again. The warning would disappear with no further information.

- Portland, OR, USA

Jul 312014

Focus Electric

Purchased a 2014 Ford Focus electric in July of 2014. About 1 month and 1400 miles later I began to experience problems with the "stop safely now" message. Vehicle will immediately loose power to accelerator while still maintaining power to braking and steering. The problem has occurred 4 times while driving since the 31st of July (today is 5 Aug 2014). Attempted to take to the dealer today. However, the only certified ev technician is on vacation until next week. Ford website says vehicle is not eligible for current recalls. I will attempt to bring vehicle to service center next week.

- Monterey, CA, USA

Jun 202014

Focus Electric

Car was in the garage with fully charged. I tried to start car and I got message "safe mode shutdown" on the right screen and "stop safely now" on the left screen. Car lights start blinking and after a while whole car shutdown and disabled. Car is not responding remote key. Back door is locked and can't open. I tried to put back to charged and nothing changed at all. I called Ford road side assistance and taking car to service tomorrow.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Sep 262013

Focus Electric

I was traveling about 35 mph when my car flashed a message "stop safely now" and the car had lost power to the wheels and I was now just coasting. I pulled the vehicle off to the side of the road. I was able to turn off the vehicle and get it started again. I was lucky that I was able to safely get my vehicle to a safe place had this been on a freeway I would have surely been in a serious accident.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA