2015 Ford Focus Electric engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Focus Electric:

2015 Ford Focus Electric Owner Comments

Jul 292015

Focus Electric

On several occasions when I was slowing down to a stop before a red traffic light, the car jerked forward like I was being rear-ended. Several times I was going over a man-hole cover; the last time I was going over the rail tracks. It shocked me as I thought the car was hit from behind, and especially when I was trying to stop and the wheels just spun faster. Luckily I had enough distance in front and didn't hit any car in front of mine.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 202015

Focus Electric

While pulling out from stop sign on two occasions the vehicle lost drive power. A wrench appeared on the dashboard that said service. Had I had to get out of the way of an approaching vehicle I would not have been and this issue could have resulted in a crash resulting in injury or death. I brought the car to dealer and they agreed the issue was a serious issue however said they could not do anything since and error code was not generated. We are still trying to get this issue addressed.

- Madison , CT, USA