Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.

2004 Ford Freestar accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Freestar:

2004 Ford Freestar Owner Comments

Mar 072011

Freestar 6-cyl

A car jack, part number 3F2Z17080ab, that comes standard with 2004 Ford Freestar minivans, bent while supporting the van causing the vehicle to fall, crush and kill the owner that was under the vehicle doing repairs in the right front wheel well. Updated 05/26/11 updated 09/08/11 updated 1/5/12...updated 10/03/12 updated 10/4/2012

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Jun 012004

Freestar 6-cyl

This is a general compliant about my 2004 Ford Freestar. The problems started almost immediately after driving the car away from the dealer. 1. I was at a stop light and the rubber cover fell off of the brake pedal. 2. the next thing was the keyless remote worked about 50% of the time to open the passenger doors. 3. then after about the first 500 miles of driving, the steering wheel oscillated in my hands when coming to a stop. 4. also when driving there were several annoying sounds. 5 finally, and this is the most annoying of all, I can't run the heater in the cold weather because excessive hot air comes from the defrost vents even though I have the control set to 'floor vents' only. Now what has the Ford dealers done about the problems? 1. I replaced the rubber cover on the brake pedal. 2. the dealers refuse to fix the keyless remote problem. They claim it is working fine even though I took it to independent alarm tech who told me the 'unlock all' receiver needs to be replaced. 3. the oscillation of the steering wheel while stopping was ' fixed' by one dealer by grinding down a warped brake rotor. This repair, which I objected to Ford not replacing the rotor with a new rotor, only lasted a few thousand miles and the problem recurred. I took it to another dealer who replaced the bad rotor. 4. one of the annoying sounds was fixed by one dealer but not all of the sounds. I took it to another dealer and all were fixed. 5. the dealers refuse to fix the problem of excessive hot air coming from the defrost vent. I have to duct tape over the defrost vent to be able run the heater. Then I have to pull the duct tape away if the windshield fogs over inside the car. In general I think the quality of this car is the worst that I have ever owned and I have owned several new cars in my almost 70 years of age.

- Newtown, PA, USA