CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.

6.0

2. replace map sensor (1 reports)
2004 Ford Freestar engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Freestar:

2004 Ford Freestar Owner Comments

Jan 092013

Freestar SE 4.2L V6

I had additional problems with the van. the total bill was 1055.04 for the MAP sensor, pcv hose, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and coils. I thought that it was the PCM but this fixed it. Hope this fixes this problem.

- , Lexington, SC, USA

Jan 032011

Freestar

The engine light has come on in my van approx. 2 years ago. I have had it to several mechanics and it was put on the computer. The reading they get on the computer is very vague and I have not yet found a reason for the light being on. A sensor of some sort, I think, is the problem. Ever since the light came on, my van has had a problem of jerking when I am driving, seems almost like it is going to stall out. I kept thinking that the torque converter problem was the jerking, stalling motion, but I have had it happen once since the torque converter was replaced.

- , Clarksburg, WV, USA

Jun 012011

Freestar 4.2L

I TOOK MY VAN TO A SHOP AND HAD THEM PULL THE CODES. I SUDDENLY HAVE 4 SENSORS TO GO BAD; THE OXYGEN AND MAP SENSORS. THAT IS CRAZY!

- , Lynchburg, VA, USA