2005 Ford Freestar body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Freestar:

2005 Ford Freestar Owner Comments

Apr 012011

Freestar

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Freestar. The contact stated that both the left and right sliding doors when closing do not stop or open when an object was blocking it. If someone was in the path of the door while it was closing it continued to close, the vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that there was nothing wrong with the doors after the mechanic inspected the sensors. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 52,491.

- Winter Garden, FL, USA

Jan 292008

Freestar 6-cyl

I have had recurring problems with my automatic rear doors. The door on the driver side does not always close properly and when I back up the door ajar light comes on. The passenger rear door does not open with the overhead button all the time, it does not seem to unlock. I have had it in the shop several times (at least 6 or more) and most of the time they say they can't duplicate the problem even though they have seen the door not close properly before. They ordered parts and said it was "fixed" but I'm still having the problem and again they say they can not duplicate the problem. I have explained to them that my toddler sits in the seat behind me and it is dangerous when I'm backing out and the door opens!!!! the dealership said they have contacted Ford and they have not had any reports of this kind of problem, however I have found several complaints over the internet. My other problem, that they also say they can't duplicate, is that when I'm driving about 45 mph on a dry surface that the van starts jerking. They told me my tires need rotating, I told them I knew that was not the cause and not to rotate the tires. About 1 month later I replaced 2 of the tires and had the front tires rotated to the back and the new tires put on the front and again, I was driving down the road about 45 mph and the van started jerking again. My son was in the car and thought the van was about to fall apart.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jan 122005

Freestar 6-cyl

3 year old child was getting out of Freestar and leaned into the switch to close the door; door began to close on child. As I was reaching in the door I was knocked down and the door continued to close on my body bruising my shoulder and hip area. I had to use all my strength to push the door back. It takes excessive force to make to the door retract while something is in its way. The van was taken to the dealer where several advisors told me that the door is operating properly and that it would not cause serious harm to an individual only bruising.

- Troy, MI, USA