2005 Ford Freestar brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Freestar:

2005 Ford Freestar Owner Comments

Jul 102015

Freestar

I had received a letter of recall of my back row seat latch do to corrosion. I had taken my van in to be repaired they informed me that they would have to order the parts which took 2 weeks upon returning they informed me they need another part they forgot to order so I waited for my call back again.. within 2 months time I returned to have it worked on that is when they had told me it had begun to corrode N that they couldn't install the parts I asked them about the situation further & if it was safe to drive they had said yes & handed me my keys so upon leaving the dealership I had stopped for food on my way home I smelt burnt rubber then a thudding noise I had pulled over to check it out luckily I was to close to a family members house a piece had fallen off N was rubbing on my tire my tires had almost caught fire when luckily I had gotten the baby out before anything had happened the next day a mechanic had informed me a hole was burnt threw the floor where the wheel wells were N the tires almost caught fire he said he could weld the parts so frenchies Ford could fix what they had to fix.. the next day he informed me he had looked up the parts N came across this website stating it had been recalled I had told him what happened & informed me to take legal matters due to faulty parts. Please don't allow this to happen to anyone elts the thought of my baby being in the back seat while it could have caught fire is terrifying I wouldn't want to hear of it happening to another under the same circumstances especially a child. & now that there's a hole in the floor I'm uncertain what to do I haven't drove it since & quite honestly I'm afraid to.. P.S is this covered" whose @ fault? what can be done"

- Akwesasne, NY, USA

Sep 012014

Freestar 6-cyl

Vehicle control center states ABS is not functioning. Traction control not functioning. Cruise control works intermittently. Alarm system triggers intermittently. ABS and traction control failure causes vehicle to be difficult to drive. Dealership states is common issue and there is a tsb on the issue. Requires ABS module and hcu module.

- Horton, AL, USA

Jul 012013

Freestar

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Freestar. The contact stated that while exiting the driveway at unknown speeds, the odometer failed to track speed and the ABS warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the speed sensor and battery needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the problem persisted. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 57,000.

- Chesapeake , VA, USA

Oct 092007

Freestar

The left rear caliper froze and wore out the brake and rotor. Then in 2012 the left rear caliper froze and wore out brake and rotor. As well as the right rear caliper.

- Eugene, OR, USA