2005 Ford Freestyle body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Freestyle:

2005 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 162012

Freestyle 6-cyl

There is a major safety issue with my 2005 Freestyle we bought it less than a year ago and everytime it rains or gets cold the doors will not shut it happens all the time yesterday while driving down the road with my child in the car my driver door his dppr and the hatch popped open in moving traffic im very upset!!! the car owners sold us this probably knowing this and never said I just looked it up on line and found this on recalls and defects national highway website Ford issued a recall affecting certain 2005 Ford five hundreds and Mercury montegos and certain 2005-2006 Ford Freestyle vehicles. The recall addresses the problem of door latch freezing, which occurs mainly in cold and wet weather states. In wet and below freezing temperatures, these defective door latches may fail to fully latch, allowing a door to open while the vehicle is in motion or in a crash. If you suspect your vehicle may be part of this recall, request a door latch safety inspection from your Ford dealer. Notify the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) if your door latches are found to be unsafe. You can contact NHTSA on their vehicle safety hotline: 1-888-327-4236 or 1-800-424-9393 I want this problem rendered I do not feel safe in this vehicle nor do I wish to continue dealing with this problem I am not comfortable with the safety of my children in this vehicle! this freakstyle should be replaced I am scared of this vehicle now and highly disappointed in the product manufacturer and the dealer who sold this lemon to us! I need to know what to do we are still paying for this and I don't want to anymore because of these past problem and safety issues! its not safe for my family or other drivers around this car with bad door latches! please tell me what I can do don't think I will ever feel safe in a Ford again can you imagine what could of happen?

- Chazy, NY, USA

Dec 152010

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2005 Ford Freestyle. The contact was entering the vehicle when the front driver side door failed to close properly. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted and they confirmed to the contact that the VIN did not qualify for repairs under NHTSA campaign id number: 06V383000(latches/locks/linkages:doors:latch). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 65,000 and the current mileage was 81,000.

- Williamston, MI, USA

Oct 232011

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2005 Ford freestar. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate in any gear. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic where the mechanic confirmed that the transmission needed to be replaced. The contact stated that the rear sliding door failed to lock properly. The manufacturer was contacted but the vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileages were 77,000.

- Ashland, OH, USA

Apr 092011

Freestyle 6-cyl

1. any time it rains 2. passenger cargo floor is swamped with water creating mildew and rust in car 3. vacuumed out but water returned because it settles in the frame of the car.

- Circle Pines , MN, USA

May 202011

Freestyle

1- the engine cradle totally rusted out replacement est. $3,000. Dealer says not covered 2-the hood is pitted dealer says not covered est.1000.00 3- radiator coolant tube made from steel rusted out and coolant leaked. Est $250 4-door latches fail in cold weather door will not stay closed.dealer says its been fixed under recall.its still a problem.

- Normandy Beach, NJ, USA

Feb 282008

Freestyle

Water leaking on drivers side head around moonroof, soaking drivers side floor, pouring out of drivers side door when opened, collecting in spare tire well. After 4 visits to dealer, still unable to repair.

- Rosharon, TX, USA

Jan 112007

Freestyle 6-cyl

The rear cargo area on my 2005 Ford Freestyle began to leak shortly after the purchase from bob bell Ford. It has been in and out of the dealer 4 or 5 times. They keep it for a week or more. Replace the carpet. Remove the mold that has begun to grow in the rear cargo area. Replaced the carpets and mask the smell with deodorizer. The work is always performed by a sub-contractor hired by Ford. The company visits the dealer here in Maryland twice a week, which makes you wonder how bad the Ford products are. The paperwork is written so that you can't tell what repairs if any are ever conducted. The dealers paperwork provides little or no detail and when asked about the repairs, the service writer acts as if you are bothering him for the details. Of course the vehicle has returned to the dealer again for more water leaks. The Ford corporate complaint office has been contacted regarding the problem. They act as if this has never happened before. We were advised that someone would call us back in two days. Both office and home numbers have been provided to Ford in hopes of a real contact with someone that can fix the problem. So they keep calling the house and leaving a message. Yet they will not return three voice mail messages that I left today. Ford did offer an extended warranty, but as soon as they offered it they stated they couldn't make the offer and it wouldn't cover the water leak anyway. How stupid. We are very frustrated with bob bell Ford, Ford and the local glass repair company. We know that this problem exists for many Freestyle owners crossing several years 2005-2007. So why can't Ford figure out how to fix it. Our warranty expires this month. Where do we turn next?

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Apr 252007

Freestyle 6-cyl

I purchased a 2005 Ford Freestyle with 30,000 miles in Dec 2006. At 38,000 miles I noticed that the paint on the back of the wheel flares and along the bottom of the vehicle was dulling. It looked to me like the tires were causing dirt and mud to sand blast these areas. I took the vehicle in the dealer and they told me that it was out warranty and there was nothing they could do. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

- Pinckney, MI, USA

Jan 202007

Freestyle 6-cyl

Leaks water from wet weather into vehicle's cargo area and front passenger floor area. Freezing to sub-freezing temps cause water to freeze carpet and anything in car with moisture on it. First time this was apparent, car was in for recall on door latches; at that time, we told dealer about water leak in cargo area after it has just rained - they said they could not find the leak, and therefore never filed with Ford. Second time car was in was at the end of December '06 for a water leak on front passenger floor. Dealer said they spent more than an hour water testing until it did leak in their presence. Said they removed areas of carpet and doors where water was coming in, fixed seal, and dried out carpet before re-installing and giving car back to us (keep in mind this is roughly 11-12 total hours of labor). A month later, we are in the same position after a light snow (1-2"). this time, however, the front passenger floor and rear cargo area are soaking wet. Dealer has had car for almost a full week. Ordered new carpet for front and rear, replaced any panels and electronics associated with where water was coming in, said they have made fixes to seals where water is now coming in *another 12-14 hours). Still waiting for vehicle to be returned. Dealer says that, although we have the highest end warranty you can buy through them at 7 years/75,000 miles, this problem will more than likely not be covered beyond the 3yr/36,000 mile manufacturer's warranty. We are talking roughly 25 hours of labor at almost $100/hr. I cannot afford $2,500/month. What is Ford going to do about this? there is a blog online, www.Ford-forums.com/Ford-Freestyle/3008-water-leak-issues.html, about this very problem, hosted by Ford, yet there are zero technical service bulletins (tsbs) or complaints posted on this (NHTSA) site.

- Chester, NY, USA