1.9

2005 Ford Freestyle cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Freestyle:

2005 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments

Jul 182011

Freestyle 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Ford Freestyle since I purchased the car it will surge forward or backward suddenly when I stopped and sometimes will sputter and engine lite will come on and will have to be shut off and restarted to get to run right it is getting worse and more often.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Sep 012010

Freestyle 6-cyl

2005 Ford Freestyle-the ac compressor and drier was replaced at about 93,000 miles through the extended warranty. It only cost me $75. No big deal right. The total bill was nearly $1600 for the warranty company. Now at 125,000 miles, it has gone out again. No warranty. I've to pay. It is going to cost about $1600. Now they can't find a compressor and are back ordered until April of 2011. I have never had a compressor go out on any other car I have owned. Approximately 20 cars in thirty five years of driving. Several with over 250,000 miles. If ac compr. Are on back order, many must be having the same problem. I need help. This is a rip off.

- Jackson, GA, USA

Sep 012007

Freestyle

I have a Ford Freestyle year 2005. It has a throttle body problem. Car has had a problem on and off for a year with it accelerating, jumping forward when I place into drive and sometimes into reverse. I finally had a complete lock out of shifting and car went into safe mode with a wrench symbol on dashboard. This is a $600 dollar repair to fix and it is something internally wrong with the car and dangerous.

- Plantation, FL, USA