2005 Ford Freestyle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Freestyle:

2005 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

May 172012

Freestyle 6-cyl

My car makes a funny high pitched noise while driving. Also in park to drive, it will lunge forward. I was told that it is a intake bearing that has come loose in my transmission. The noise gets louder as you continue to accelerate. It will only make the noise when it is in motion. I bought this vehicle used in 2010 with around 58,000 miles.

- West Alllis, WI, USA

May 262012

Freestyle 6-cyl

The car was surging and lurching forward even when the brake was engaged. We had near misses running in to cars in front of us just trying to get it to a safe location as we were stuck in a parking lot and in stop and go traffic. While on the interstate is would just loose almost all power even though the accelerator was floored.

- Columbia, MO, USA

May 112012

Freestyle

Vehicle lunges forward and rear in garage at start-up and freezes at 30 miles per hour on highway when using speed control

- Sun City Center, FL, USA