- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
- January 15: Ford Recalls Edge (Again): Gas Leak Could Cause Fire
- January 14: Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over MyFord Touch Complaints
- January 3: The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013
- December 30: Ford Recalls Lincoln MKZ Hybrid For Roll Away Risk
- December 23: The Safest Cars to Drive in 2014
2005 Ford Freestyle
Worst 2005 Freestyle transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure14
- transmission noise3
- rough shifting and loud noises2
- going into reverse it bumps then accelerates1
- shifter assembly broken1
- transmission warning light on1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission117
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestyle Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Freestyle compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestyle overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestyle.