8.0

1. replace throttle body once one is available (1 reports)
2006 Ford Freestyle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Freestyle:

2006 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments

Sep 152009

Freestyle 3.0L

Last month I was over at a friends house and my car wouldn't start....we replaced the battery and it was fine...the next day while pulling into my parking deck at work, it died on me....we thought it was the alternator,,,,so we had it checked and it was running fine. my car continues to die on me when i am turning the corner. i spoke with Ford and they informed me that the Throttle body is on back order due to the manufacture going out of business....they are not sure when they will have another supplier and will not give me a loner due to it being after the warrenty is out on my car. I read that even with the extended warrenty they we're not giving loaner cars....this part has NOT been recalled but yet there are more then 100 cases of the throttle bodies going bad on this style car.

I will soon have a car that wont run or a way to get to work.....if i found the part, it's gonna cost me more then it's suppose to and Ford has no idea when the part will be available. I refuse to EVER buy a Ford car again. I am having to suffer for something that is completly out of my control and Ford refuses to help in any way. this is my only means of transportaion to work.

- , Clayton, NC, USA