2.3

2007 Ford Freestyle brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Freestyle:

2007 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments

Jul 072008

Freestyle

I received a recall notice on the back brakes. Had those replaced july08. In july09 I was backing out of a parking spot and when I put the car in reverse it accelerated and lurched forward almost hitting the car beside me. This happened several times. This went on for about a week. Then every time I put it in reverse it would die then the transmission light came on. Took it to the dealership and it was the throttle body and was replaced. In Feb. 2010 I was informed that my back brakes were completely gone and needed to be replaced asap. In june10 the car started making a funny noise in park and no lights in the instrumental panel had come on. Took it to the dealership and the input shaft bearing was out. Which means a new transmission. In october10, as I was turning right into an intersection during morning rush hour traffic it would not accelerate. I had the pedal pushed all the way to the floor. And, the transmission light came on again. Took it to the dealership, it was the throttle body again.

- West Columbia, TX, USA

Jul 192010

Freestyle

2007 Ford Freestyle surging at idle. Has happened 5 or 6 times lately. Have had two many problems with this car and can not afford to keep fixing.

- Louisiana, MO, USA