2007 Ford Freestyle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Freestyle:

2007 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments (Page 10 of 21)

Aug 202011

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated while at a traffic light with her foot on the brake pedal, the vehicle suddenly lunged forward. While driving at highway speeds the vehicle also suddenly stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle and drive it to a dealer who confirmed that the throttle body failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and she was waiting for a response. The failure and current mileage was approximately 47,000.

- Richmond Hill, GA, USA

Aug 222011

The contact owned a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that while the air conditioner was activated and the vehicle was in park, it would lunged forward abnormally or in reverse. The dealer was contacted who stated that the problem sounded like there was a throttle body failure. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 94,881.

- Fort Sam Houston, TX, USA

Aug 222011

Ford frestyle 2007 lunged and almost wrecked today. Then died again have filed a complaint just updating another one.

- Garland, TX, USA

May 202011

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. While driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred at different speeds and also while the vehicle was stopped. In addition, the vehicle would jerk forward while depressing the brakes. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics. The technicians were unable to diagnose the failure. There was an investigation open under NHTSA PE11018 (vehicle speed control) that may have been related to the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000.

- Yukon, OK, USA

Feb 082010

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that when the vehicle was stopped, the vehicle would jerk forward abnormally with the illumination of the wrench warning light. The dealer diagnosed that there was a throttle body failure and a cable failure in the transmission. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 52,000 and the current mileage was 71,000.

- Winnsboro, SC, USA

Aug 162011

Freestyle 6-cyl

The part with a safety issue is the throttle body on the Ford Freestyle. The car will get a surge of power and lurch forward when in traffic, parking lots, and at stop lights. If the driver is not able to brake in time, the vehicle could hit and/or injure a person or other vehicle in front of them. This is a problem that Ford is aware of and has not issued a recall, despite numerous complaints. As the surging power continues to be a problem, the vehicle may also completely lose power while in motion, causing the driver to have no ability to avoid a collision as the vehicle loses power very suddenly.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Aug 202011

Freestyle 6-cyl

I purchased a 2007 Ford Freestyle last year and with only 68000 miles it is now unsafe to drive. The last couple months my car started lunging forward when I would press on brake with the car in either reverse or drive. At first I thought it was my doing somehow but now I know differently. It happen one time while my husband was driving, we were going on vacation, we had stopped at a gas station to get a drink when the wrench light came on and the car stalled and lost power and die in the middle of the street. My husband and I decided not to take the car for we were not surewhat was happening and could not afford to be stranded somewhere and break down. It really starts acting up when it is really hot out or if it is parked and is idling for a little it with the ac running. After it has idled for a little bit you put the car in either drive or reverse and it will lunge forward. One time I almost hit a person walking in front of my car at a drive-in restaurant. My husband and I are now too scared to drive it. I thought it would be a great car for my family but now just want out of it for the safety of my family..

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Oct 212010

Freestyle 6-cyl

My 2007 Ford Freestyle lunges forward & backward uncontrollably. Had vehicle serviced at Ford dealership on 10-21-2010 and was diagnosed and advised to replace all plugs and 1 coil and 7 boots, mileage 78,436. Completed the service as advised, cost $931.35. The problem still existed and engine light came on June of 2011. Had same dealership diagnose and the same diagnosis came back but everything checked out ok. I had the dealership replace the throttle body at my request because of safety issue with the uncontrollable lunging and other Ford Freestyle's having the same problem at mileage 85,976 at a cost of $740.41. Today, 8-18-2011 with mileage at 87,600, I have not had any problems with the vehicle lunging uncontrollably. Based on the above description, I believe the throttle body was defective and should be recalled. Additionally, I also believe that there was a misdiagnosis of the initial problem and should be reimbursed both costs. Please contact me if you need further information and documentation. Thank you.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 232011

Vehicle lunges when brake is released. Vehicle will move forward or reverse once vehicle is put in gear and the brake is released and also when stopping for example at a red light, once brake is released the vehicle will jerk forward without stepping on the accelerator.

- Burgaw, NC, USA

Jun 082011

I recently bought a used 2007 Ford Freestyle from a used car dealership. After owning the car for a couple of months, I was sitting in a drive-thru line when I noticed my car started surging forward while my foot was on the brake. I became concerned that I might hit the car ahead of me so I got out of line and parked the car. After some down time I was able to re-start the car and for that night had no other problems. Now over the last month I have noticed the surging more and more often and am concerned I will be in a situation where I can't just get out of line and some damage will happen or injury. I have found by researching on-line that is a known problem with the Ford Freestyle and I would just like to report that I feel continued driving of this vehicle may be dangerous but, it is the only vehicle I have to drive and have no other choices.

- Wamego, KS, USA

Jul 012010

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that during the summer months, the vehicle would lunge forward while driving approximately 2 mph. The failure also occurred while reversing. The vehicle was taken to various authorized dealers and repair shops, where they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer had not been made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 117,000. Vf this auto lunges without my control. Updated 09/28/2011

- Seminary, MS, USA

Jul 282011

Freestyle 6-cyl

I have a 2007 Ford Freestyle and its just getting worse and worse as the mileage goes up. The car seems to have a mind of its own. I cant even use my A/C or heater as this causes the car to lunge forward hard and eventually the car cuts off causing engine and wrench light to cut on. While backing into my parking garage I ran into the building because the car lunged back by itself, this could be very dangerous, could cause me to hit someone or something very badly. Im afraid to drive my vehicle but don't have any other choice, have to go to work. This is scary, I need help with this. Just bought this car don't have the cash to have it checked out.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 152011

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated while driving in and out of a parking space the rpms would increase and the vehicle would lunge forward or backwards. The failure also occurred while driving in reverse. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who informed him there was no recall or warranty for the throttle failure. The top motor mount connected to the engine was covered with rust and deteriorated which was made out of rubber. The manufacturer was contacted and stated there were no recalls and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Aug 122011

2007 Ford Freestyle lunging when you put it into drive or reverse from park. I was scared as I tried to back out of a busy mall parking space with lots of cars and people around. When I put car in reverse, it lunged, then died and tool light stayed on. It did this 3 times and I almost hit a person in parking lot. Today was a 95 degree day and I had on my air conditioning which I have seen as a problem by others.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Jun 012011

2007 Ford Freestyle began surging with foot on the brake pedal a few months ago. Inconsistent, most noticeable when A/C is running. Also surges right when releasing brake pedal (from stopped position or moving very slowly either forward or backwards). Significant risk of the condition leading to a collision with another vehicle, stationary object, or even pedestrian. Please help!

- Parkersburg, WV, USA

Aug 112011

Freestyle 6-cyl

Just purchased a 2007 Ford Freestyle and the vehicle surges when you have your foot on the brake and the car is in gear and you turn the steering wheel. It happens at least once every time the car is driven and usually multiple times.

- Southern Shores, NC, USA

Jul 152011

Freestyle 6-cyl

My 2007 Ford Freestyle is currently at shamaley Ford dealership due to the vehicle increasing gas speed on its own. This problem was first noticed in 2008 and the vehicle was serviced by the shamaley Ford dealership. In 2008 the vehicle increased gas speed on its own and almost struck my child. The dealership identified the throttle body as the problem, but it was not replaced. We continued to operate the vehicle with the vehicle increasing speed normally during the summer months when its hot outside. I continued to report this problem to the local dealership but they said there has not been a recall. In July 2011 I was operating the vehicle during noon time and the vehicle lunged forward as I attempted to park the vehicle and I almost struck some pedestrians. The shamaley Ford dealership has informed me that the throttle body on the vehicle needs to be replaced at my own expense. I researched your website and noticed that their is currently other complaints made against the same type of Ford vehicle. During the summer months the engine speed increases unexpectedly on a daily basis. I believe their should be a recall on this defective part before someone gets hurt or possibly killed. Ford stopped making this type of vehicle because they know that there are some defective parts and several mechanical and engineering flaws. Please help us make Ford Motor Co. Understand the seriousness of this problem with the Ford Freestyles'. customers should not be responsible for defective parts.

- El Paso, TX, USA

May 182007

Freestyle 6-cyl

Vehicle lunges when foot is on the brake or when foot is removed from the brake at low speeds. It is most often when the air conditioning is on. It has happened since we purchased the vehicle new in 2007, but the Ford service representative said they could not do anything about it if it was not happening when they drove it. It has been getting worse and the wrench/service light now comes on when it happens. Have taken the vehicle to an independent service shop who said the ac was operating outside parameters and that was causing the lunging, and to have the computer re-flashed by the dealership.

- Johnstown, CO, USA

Aug 102011

Freestyle 6-cyl

2007 Ford Freestyle throttle body failure resulting in surging and erratic speed control while driving.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA

Jul 012011

Freestyle 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that the vehicle would lunge forward and stall at any time. The dealer diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was in the process of being repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 45,000 and the current mileage is 48,469 updated 08/24/11 the throttle body was replaced and the PCM was reprogrammed. Updated 08/29/11

- Danville, VA, USA