4.4

2006 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Fusion:

2006 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Aug 012010

Fusion

2006 Ford Fusion: Two safety issues 1. the dashboard on the passenger side near the air bag is warped/bulged. The air bag indicator flashes on every once in awhile. I am concerned the air bag will deploy causing harm. This is a major safety concern. 2. complaint: Cracking and popping in my front suspension when turning or going over bumps. About two years ago I took my car to a Ford dealership and they stated there was a technical service bulletin and a "sub frame assembly kit" needed installed. Ford wouldn't cover the repairs but I bargained they ended up covering the cost of the part and I paid labor. Problem seemed to stop for awhile but is now back. My concern is if the subframe breaks it will cause an accident. I drive 25 miles to work Monday thru Friday, 90% is highway.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Feb 282012

Fusion

06 Ford Fusion. I have been having a cracking sound in the front right suspension, took it in to Ford to get tires done, they found that my front subframe welds have cracked and it would cost 1500 to fix with a used part, the complaint is, when I came home and researched this issue, I have found tons and tons of complaint with this same issue, it appears to be a failure of Ford to have a correct weld placed in this area, I believe we need to have this investigated and looked at, the subframe weld that has broke is where the front lower control arm hatches to the frame, with this busted and poorly welded we are looking at suspension coming apart and creating an accident and deaths I am asking for a recall to be made.

- Pocatello, ID, USA