2006 Ford Fusion electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Fusion:

2006 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 082011

Fusion

I owned a 2006 Ford Fusion, this car caught on fire at 4am. It was ruled as an electrical fire. There were no problems leading up to this fire.

- Spring , TX, USA

Jul 212011

Fusion

Since I bought the car in spring of 06, bulbs need to be replaced quite frequently. When I change them, the old bulb looks black and burnt. A few days ago, I was driving and my front, right directional stopped working. I replaced the bulb, thinking that was the issue again, but it wasn't. I took it to the dealership and they said the smart junction box needed to be replaced because it shorted out internally. Estimate is $600 after I had to pay $100 just to find the problem. That seems like an expensive fix for one directional. I can't afford that right now, so I can't fix it. Seems ridiculous. Car has 85,000 miles on it.

- Morrisville, VT, USA

Jul 012011

Fusion

Front driver's side indicator/hazard light not working. Left rear driver side works. Consensus is either a smart junction box or headlight harness. Cost of repairs around $600 not including labor. Very costly for one turn signal. Big mistake on Ford's part.

- Bluefield, WV, USA

Mar 122011

Fusion 6-cyl

In 2006 I bought a 2006 Ford Fusion. I have had problems since I got it blowing bulbs in the turn signals. I now find out that it is my smart junction box causing this and Ford motor will do nothing about it. Part of the smart junction box is melted together. This is Ford's faulty design and their fault.

- Madison, IN, USA

Dec 152010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the keys would not release from the ignition unless the button on the gear shift was pushed in to release the key. The contact had to remove a piece of plastic in order to remove the key from the ignition switch. The contact noticed numerous complaints regarding the failure. The contact had not taken the vehicle to a dealer for a diagnostic test. The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Clifton Springs, NY, USA

Oct 182010

Fusion

When driving on the interstate under cruise control, the engine suddenly dropped to idle and would not respond to the throttle. Fortunately I was able to coast to the side of the road without being hit from behind. The car showed two warning lights: Traction control and throttle control. The car would still not respond to the throttle. After turning off the car and restarting it, the lights went out and the car was drivable again. I took the car to the dealer, who cleaned the throttle body, flushed the fuel injectors and reprogrammed the PCM. Whatever actually happened, the fail safe condition should not be to shut the engine down to idle without the ability to control the engine speed. It was just fortunate that the car was not hit from behind.

- Valley City, OH, USA

Jun 112010

Fusion

Right front side turn signal light failed inspection replaced bulb and electrical harness, still no power. Diagnosed as defective smart box Ford estimates it at $800 to replace. 4 year old Ford Fusion (summer 2006)

- Gainesville, VA, USA

Jun 012010

Fusion

Bought a used 2006 Fusion 6 months ago, and the smart junction box (sjb) apparently shorted out. It happened right after it rained, and was acting up a couple months ago after heavy rain as well, leading me to believe that there is moisture getting to it somehow. Replacement would cost over 600$ and if there was moisture getting to the original one, how long will the new one take to have the same thing happen, another 4 years?

- Weymouth, MA, USA

Apr 122010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Fusion. His keys continued to get stuck in the ignition and he cannot remove it. The vehicle was taken to dealer and was told it will cost $400 to be repaired because of no recalls and warranties on this failure. The Ford manufacturer was not called. The VIN is unknown. The failure and current mileage was 23,000....mw

- Ft Wayne, IN, USA

Apr 202010

Fusion

I purchased my Ford Fusion in April 2006. Since then, I have had a number of problems. During the same year of purchase, the rear left tail light and a fuse blew. About a 1 1/2 years later the same rear light blew. In 2009, the driver side door handle broke from the inside of the door panel, the air blower began spontaneously coming on by itself when the air or the heat is not on, I replaced a battery and the car began to hesitate when accelerating. Last but not least in 2010, today actually, I park my car and was unable to remove the key from the ignition. I plan to go to the dealership tomorrow to determine the cause and resolution to this particular issue. I have paid over hundreds of dollars for all these repairs, which occurred right after my warranty was up.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Apr 052010

Fusion

2006 Ford Fusion key will not come out of ignition; gear shift does not go into park even though it looks as though it has.

- Atchison , KS, USA