9.0

2006 Ford Fusion engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Fusion:

2006 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Mar 132014

Fusion 2.4L

My son has been driving my late father's 2006 Ford Fusion. Supposed to be a reliable car, it only has 27,000 miles on it. Today it would not start. This is a re-occurring problem, one that a dealer has temporarily fixed only a month ago. The engine will not turn over. All lights, radio, door locks, etc. operate correctly. The battery terminals were cleaned and tightened when I tried to diagnose the problem one month ago. It would not start then, even when jumped. So don't suspect the battery. This car has not started various times in the last two weeks, but eventually does start after turning the key numerous times. The security light is NOT flashing this time. All lights come on the dash as they should when the key is turned. I suspect a bad connection somewhere, just not at the battery. These are new keys and fobs, as a previous episode of not starting was resolved by getting new keys. For decades I have owned Fords, but I must say that the problems I have incurred in the past three vehicles (Lincoln LS, Ford Thunderbird, and this Fusion) have me choosing anything but a Ford, and I am presently shopping for a new car ( and probably one more with my son).

- , Zanesville, OH, USA

Oct 292010

Fusion

My father passed away at 6am on 10/29/2010 and the car started having problems at 8am 10/29/2010... I dont know what to do... Im without a car an no way to see family members or anything... I live over 200 miles away what am I supposed to do WALK????

The only good part of it is that it broke down for the last and final time in front of the Ford dealership... its at Northwest Ford right now...Everything went bad on the car that could have... the car stopped starting... the computer came up with an odometer error message causing the speedometer to stop working... The only good thing about is that the car isnt completely paid off and I can just have the company my dad was buying it from come pick it up so I dont have to make the car payments of $243.... I might just do that you cant really rely on a ford to run when you need it!!!

- , Maryville, Missouri, USA