6.0

1. had to have it replaced (2 reports)
  3. replace controller circuit board (1 reports)
2007 Ford Fusion AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jul 052013

Fusion SE 4 cyl

Yet another problem with the Ford Fusion....I'm shocked, really. The AC went out right in the beginning of summer. Convenient. I replaced the sensor, and that worked, momentarily. Next step, diagnosis. However, at this point its not even worth fixing. I'm selling it tomorrow. 5 years later, and about $10,000 in repair costs...I'm done.

- , Denver, CO, USA

May 052013

Fusion SEL V6

2007 Ford Fusion, SEL had the air conditioner quit on one of the hottest days of the summer. Took the car to my local Ford dealer the next day and was told the compressor was bad and needed to be replaced.

A few days earlier I was experiencing a problem with sudden loss of power, wrench light came on, so I shut car off and when I restarted it the light was gone and it accelerated and drove like nothing happened.

Sooo...While air conditioner was being fixed, I told the dealer about this loss of power problem and to get a diagnostic code to see what happened. Ford dealer said the throttle body needed replacement (that is what caused the loss of power), spark plugs needed to be replaced and oil change and filter for a total of parts and labor of over $3,000. Two months later the air conditioner stopped working again, this time the dealer said that an O-ring must have been installed wrong and that is why the unit stopped working. No charge for the 2nd visit.

- , Barhamsville, VA, USA

Nov 192009

Fusion SE 3.0L V6

Blower for AC/Heat stopped working. Dealer replaced circuit control board under warranty.

- , Waterford, Wisconsin, USA

May 052012

Fusion ES

Well, I haven't had any issues with my fusion up until last Saturday. She's sitting in the shop now because the AC stopped blowing cold air abruptly. I thought it might just be the freon, even though its a newer vehicle, possibly there might be a leak. Well I did some research because I like to be aware of any issues before the mechanic tells me of them, and per many websites for cars, I found that the most common AC complaint for the 2006-2007 fusion models is something called an evaporator discharge air temp sensor. The part alone costs about 23.00 but the mechanic has to rip out the whole damn dashboard to get to it.

My mechanic just called me back a few moments ago and advised me the freon levels were just fine and that he is sure its this evaporator part. He said it should take him about 3 hours to pull apart the dash and replace it...at 65.00 an hour, so all in all I'm looking at something like 250.00 walking out the door. Which isn't bad, considering some sites on google had people reporting they paid about 600-800 to repair it (probably so if you were to take it to the dealership, a bunch of overpriced rip offs).

Nevertheless, problem should be fixed tomorrow.

- , Wilmington, NC, USA