2007 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 152012

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dashboard was deteriorating. The contact was concerned that the front passenger's side air bag would become compromised. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the technician stated the dashboard would have to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 36,000.

- Calumet City, IL, USA

Mar 012013

Fusion 6-cyl

Without warning or any known cause, the driver side door lock mechanism is jammed, thus preventing me from exiting the vehicle. I have to take down the electronic window on that door, and pull the handle from the outside. This is a serious safety issue that prevents me from immediately getting out if the car in case of emergency, especially when I'm carrying my 10-year-old daughter to and from school or extracurricular activities. I have checked online, and this seems to be a common complaint for owners of the Ford Fusion SE 2007. There definitely needs to be a recall. This just happened out of the blue. Please assist. It is not fair that Ford customers should have to pay for something we did not cause. Thank you.

- Cary, NC, USA

Sep 042012

Fusion 4-cyl

Interior door latch (driver's door) fails to open. I cannot get out of my car without rolling down the window and opening the door from the outside. Also door will not lock when car is locked. I have read several complaints on this NHTSA site and other forums with numerous other people who are experiencing the same problem with their Ford Fusion. Please investigate this issue and initiate a recall if warranted on the interior door latches of the Ford Fusion. This is indeed a safety concern - especially if someone must get out of the car quickly - also lock failure could be serious security problem.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Aug 312012

I went to get out of my car when I got home from work on Friday and my inside door handle broke. Luckily I was parked and at home when this occurred. This could have been bad if it was a situation where I had to get out of the car in a hurry and was not able to. I think Ford should offer a recall on this problem cause this could be a deadly situation.

- Bowling Green , KY, USA

Jun 302012

Fusion 6-cyl

I am from California and was driving in glendale, Arizona at 1:00 a.M. on 06/30/12. The signal I came to was flashing red. Cross traffic had flashing yellow light. Assuming the cross traffic also had a red flashing light (as in California) I proceeded through the intersection. I was T-boned by a large delivery truck. The side/curtain airbag did not deploy!! I sustained numerous injuries for which I was hospitalized for 9 days. No one was in the car with me, thank god! a few days after the accident, I spoke with the officer that arrived at the scene. He told me that when he saw the amount of damage to my car, he thought he would be "calling the fatal team"....updated 08-10-12 Ford Motor Company needs to do a recall on, not only the Fusion models, but on all of their cars. I do not trust Ford and will never own one again. I have contacted Ford regarding this issue and also an attorney, but I hate to think of all the other drivers out there who assume the airbags work in their cars when possibly they are defective. The number of cases I've read about since my accident shocks me. Ford should have done everything they could after the first incident. Be careful driving your vehicles...especially if it's a Ford. Get your airbags checked asap!!!! updated 08/14/2012

- Palm Desert, CA, USA

Jun 012012

Dash pad has separated at edge of passenger airbag. Car has not been in any crashes or any abnormal rough treatment. Dealer looked at dash and said it was not covered by warranty. This car has been well taken care of, 1 owner car, scheduled service done at the dealership only. This seems to be a defect that the dealer should fix.

- Springdale, AR, USA

Jun 042012

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The was contact was traveling 15 mph when the front driver side door flew open independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the dealer confirmed that the door latch mechanism failed and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 67,927.

- Washington, MI, USA

Nov 232011

Fusion 6-cyl

Inside door handle became inoperative requiring window to be lowered to open door from outside handle. Dealer installed new door handle due to internal handle cable retainer breaking. This part failure creates a very unsafe condition preventing a fast exit from vehicle in an emergency situation. This is unacceptable.

- Jackson, MI, USA

Sep 162011

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. While parked, the contact noticed that the front driver side door would not open from the interior, only from the exterior of the vehicle. The front passenger side door would not open at all. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technician advised that the door handles would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 155,000.

- Ganado, CA, USA

Sep 142011

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated the front drivers side door would not open from the interior or exterior. In order to enter the vehicle, the contact had to use the front passenger side door. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 72,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Chicago, IL, USA