2007 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 302010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact was driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle suddenly swerved into another lane. The brakes locked when pressure was applied and the vehicle began to spin uncontrollably. When the brakes were engaged there was a clicking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle would not slow down and accelerated up an embankment and into a dirt mound. The seat belt failed to secure the contact and caused her to forcefully strike the windshield area. The contact sustained eye, neck and back injuries. The air bags failed to deploy during the crash. A police report was filed. The vehicle was severely damaged and towed to a collision center. The failure mileage was 41,096.

- Dunsmuir, CA, USA

Sep 102010

Fusion

I have just spent $230 to have the rear brake disks replaced on my 2007 Ford Fusion. They were so pitted from corrosion that they made a terrible noise when the brakes were applied. They might even have been a safety hazard for all I know. The front ones were replaced a month after I bought the car new in 2007 for the same reason. The car has been driven a mere 20,000 miles. The mechanic tells me that the front disks will probably need replacement again in a year or two. Further, he tells me that it didn't matter that the warranty period was past ( by a couple of months), because this is considered a "wear" problem and, therefore, not covered by the warranty. Is my experience unique among Fusion owners? I bet not. Clearly, Ford has dropped the ball on its brake disk materials specification. I will certainly look at other brands before I even consider buying another Ford.

- Westfeild, NY, USA

Jul 272010

Fusion

The power booster in my 2007 Ford Fusion failed after only a few months of the brakes feeling "off" at rare, random times. It went out, rendering my brakes useless over 55 mph and caused me to rear end someone because the brakes would not stop the car.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 252008

Fusion 6-cyl

I have a Ford Fusion 07 the problem that I have is that the brake rotors rust so badly when I don't drive for a week or two the brakes shudder badly what can be done to correct this problem? I have a old 95 Buick that is under the same carport that can set for a month or longer and does not shudder after sitting longer than the Ford I am retired and do not drive either vehicle very much.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Aug 172007

Fusion 6-cyl

2007 Ford Fusion bought new does not function well it takes a while to crank. Windows began to mold, car shakes, vibrates, swerves of road when brakes applied, brakes do not function well car makes noises. Tires do not perform well tires have trouble slowing down.

- Clewiston , FL, USA