2007 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Nov 202011

Fusion

I had purchased my 2007 Ford Fusion new and had a few oddities during the course of ownership. Within two years of ownership I had a battery short out. At three years I had to have a hefty brake service done because of a clicking noise when the brakes were applied. I noticed at four years that when I would remove the key from the ignition and open the door, the car would chime as if the key was still in it. The dealer had no idea what caused the chiming and it happened sporadically. The biggest issue was in late November of 2011, I was merging on to the highway and going to pass a vehicle; my car began to rev really high, but I was not accelerating that much. I shifted to neutral then back to fifth gear still no accelerating. At that moment the check engine came on and I noticed that the car was dead and costing. After I stopped on the side of the highway, the car would not start at all. Had it towed to the dealer, where they spent two weeks of tearing apart my motor. They determined that a bolt came loose releasing my timing belt destroying my engine. I purchased and extended warranty which saved me $7500 in replacement cost. After two more weeks I had the car back. I noticed belt noise when I started the car and the engine was louder than the original engine. Within a month the car would not start again. The chip in that key went out, and when I took it back to the dealer I complained about the chiming and the belts. They informed me; the key needed to be replaced (costing $300 dollars), my belts were from the original engine and now stretched out needed to be replaced, and the starter was going out. The mystery of the chiming was finally solved. Ford offered me employee pricing on a new car but would not by back my Fusion. The dealership offered me nothing. This car was purchased and exclusively serviced there.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Sep 302010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact was driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle suddenly swerved into another lane. The brakes locked when pressure was applied and the vehicle began to spin uncontrollably. When the brakes were engaged there was a clicking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle would not slow down and accelerated up an embankment and into a dirt mound. The seat belt failed to secure the contact and caused her to forcefully strike the windshield area. The contact sustained eye, neck and back injuries. The air bags failed to deploy during the crash. A police report was filed. The vehicle was severely damaged and towed to a collision center. The failure mileage was 41,096.

- Dunsmuir, CA, USA

Sep 102010

Fusion

I have just spent $230 to have the rear brake disks replaced on my 2007 Ford Fusion. They were so pitted from corrosion that they made a terrible noise when the brakes were applied. They might even have been a safety hazard for all I know. The front ones were replaced a month after I bought the car new in 2007 for the same reason. The car has been driven a mere 20,000 miles. The mechanic tells me that the front disks will probably need replacement again in a year or two. Further, he tells me that it didn't matter that the warranty period was past ( by a couple of months), because this is considered a "wear" problem and, therefore, not covered by the warranty. Is my experience unique among Fusion owners? I bet not. Clearly, Ford has dropped the ball on its brake disk materials specification. I will certainly look at other brands before I even consider buying another Ford.

- Westfeild, NY, USA

Jul 272010

Fusion

The power booster in my 2007 Ford Fusion failed after only a few months of the brakes feeling "off" at rare, random times. It went out, rendering my brakes useless over 55 mph and caused me to rear end someone because the brakes would not stop the car.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 252008

Fusion 6-cyl

I have a Ford Fusion 07 the problem that I have is that the brake rotors rust so badly when I don't drive for a week or two the brakes shudder badly what can be done to correct this problem? I have a old 95 Buick that is under the same carport that can set for a month or longer and does not shudder after sitting longer than the Ford I am retired and do not drive either vehicle very much.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Aug 172007

Fusion 6-cyl

2007 Ford Fusion bought new does not function well it takes a while to crank. Windows began to mold, car shakes, vibrates, swerves of road when brakes applied, brakes do not function well car makes noises. Tires do not perform well tires have trouble slowing down.

- Clewiston , FL, USA