2007 Ford Fusion drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 112012

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving using cruise control today going 60 mph on a highway with my 2007 Ford Fusion. All of a sudden, I felt the car jolt. I pressed the gas, but nothing happened as if the car was in neutral. I had to coast to the side of the road. I noticed that the warning light in the shape of a wrench was on. I turned off the car. When I turned it back on, the light was off and the car worked just fine. I looked up the description of the light in the owner's manual and it said it was related to a fault in the powertrain or throttle. I saw where several people have reported this exact problem with 2010 models of the Fusion. I just had to report that it happened on my 2007 model as well. I will be taking it in to get looked at. This is very dangerous. I could have wrecked or caused an accident because I could not control the speed of my car at the time. Someone will be killed if this problem is not resolved and a recall issued. I was really scared. There needs to be a recall. I will not be using cruise control until I am confident that my car is completely fixed.

- Rice Lake, WI, USA

Nov 012011

Fusion

My transmission was acting funny and the check engine light had come on earlier in the day but went away. I took my car to Ford and was told the check engine light was from the gas cap and they couldn't get the problem with the transmission to duplicate. The car's RPM's stay up around 2000 RPM's on a cold start and the when shifting gears they will go up to around 3 and hold for a long period of time before it shifts. I drove a manual for 12 years and I know that this should not happen with an automatic transmission. I showed the dealer the tsb concerning the RPM issue but they didn't care. I started researching the issue online and have found this is a growing problem. I just wonder how many people haven't made their voices heard or haven't experienced the issue yet. Ford needs to fix this problem with the transmission before it gets some killed.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Nov 012011

Fusion

My car stopped shifting gears on me and the warning light did not come on I took it to different mechanics and they said my transmission was going out and my car is to new for the transmission to be going out.

- Ardmore, OK, USA

Sep 202011

Fusion

At approx. 85K miles on my 2007 Ford Fusion, there was a noticeable issue in the front end. Thought it may have been some slight damage to the front a end a while back and had a half axle replaced at 88K miles. No change since and have had many components looked at. Today, Ford tells me there are several codes in the computer related to transmission problems. No indicator light has ever come on to let me know I have been driving with a bad transmission. Many people on the Ford Fusion forum (fordfusion.net) had reported the same issue in models from 2006 through 2010. Ford bares responsibility for this issue and have swept it under the rug. Letting people drive around with a bad transmission, the computer never letting people know an issue exists is serious problem and safety issue.. last time I ever buy american.

- Manassas, VA, USA

May 042011

Fusion 6-cyl

Drive shaft carrier bearings went out. Common problem with this type of vehicle. Have to replace drive shaft entirely! cost of about 900 dollars.

- Commerce, MI, USA

Nov 252008

Fusion

The vehicle response to the accelerator is unpredictable and always delayed. Sometimes the car will interpret a small quick depression of the accelerator the same as flooring the accelerator. There is always a delay of two to three seconds before it responds at all. The same action can result in widely varying responses of the engine and transmission, apparently depending on the temperature of the air and engine. The accelerator is very touchy and seems to use only a small portion of the movement. That coupled with the transmission constantly shifting to set the engine speed at near idle in all but freeway driving makes manually controlling the speed within 5 miles per hour when near a shift point almost impossible. The constant shifting and refusal to slow down when the accelerator is released makes it impossible to manually control the speed of the vehicle accurately on hilly roads. This is a continuous problem, not a one day event.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA