8.7

2007 Ford Fusion engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jan 052014

Fusion 4 cyl

I have a Ford Fusion 2007 4 cylinder that has 150,000 miles on it. It's a beautiful car outside, but internally it has been like an out of shape person waiting for a cardiac arrest!!! I work very hard to keep this vehicle well maintained, but it doesn't matter.

The 1st thing was the light in the clock went out, then the clock itself stopped working; second, it would hesitate when you stepped on the gas pedal to speed up to turn when oncoming traffic was approaching (very dangerous); then the led on the stereo began to flicker off and on and now you can't see what the radio station is playing at all; the bearing on the front left and right wheels had to be replaced; one motor mount had to be replaced and the 2nd one is due soon; the most annoying problem of all is the pulley is causing a bolt that's assisting in holding it in place keeps snapping in two preventing the engine belt from rotating and it snaps causing me to take emergency maneuvers in traffic. This is the 2nd time in three months and the replacement bolt has now broken, once again putting me and my family in perilous danger. This vehicle is not SAFE!!!

I can't believe FORD would not make it known that they have a problem with this model and year vehicle. It seems as if nothing will be done until one or several of their customers are mutilated, rendered incapacitated, maimed or become a victim of a fatal vehicular accident. I nor my family want to lead the pact to be the 1st!!!!

- , Nashville, TN, USA

May 012012

Fusion S 4 cyl

The ford dealer in houston said that the belt is making high noise. You know that dealer did not want to fix is for free. Only change belt under warranty. Wrong part stupid ass. Change it my self if not hard but not easy you have to take off, put the car on jacks, and take the idler screw off the car by small handes. Mechanic jack the motor take motor mount easy, I am DIY or do not have the money to give stupid ass design or should be on recall. GOD save USA Governmnet for not help the people who are unemployed and have problem with FORD COMPANY.Before I Die i will never go FORD or CHEVY.

- , Pearland, TX, USA

Oct 012010

Fusion

My 2007 Ford Fusion is a great car except for the idler pulley keeps breaking. The screw broke off and the belt came off at 58,000 miles and 66,000 miles. The first time was covered by warranty, this time it is not covered and is costing me $575. Is this a reoccuring problem for anyone besides myself?

- , Park Forest, IL, USA