8.0

1. cleaned valve body (1 reports)
2007 Ford Fusion engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 192012

Fusion SE 2.3L I4

wrench light - loss of power after cancelling cruise

I was driving uphill on a highway with my cruise control set at 120km/h (75mph). The vehicle downshifted to keep speed. I then needed to cancel the cruise control to slow for traffic ahead. I tapped the brakes to cancel the cruise, and gently put my foot on the gas as I began to decelerate. The car violently shuddered and the throttle became very unresponsive. Even with my foot to the floor, I could barely keep highway speed (RPMs are now in the 3-4K range). The wrench light came on, and I pulled over and shut off the car. After waiting a couple minutes, I turned the car back on, the wrench light disappeared, and the car seemed to drive normally again. I took it to my dealer who couldn’t replicate the problem or get a diagnostic code. They cleaned the throttle body and couldn’t guarantee that this was the fix. As I was having other issues with the car (rough shifting, replaced bad air intake manifold), I eventually sold the car to avoid further problems.

- , Hamilton, Ontario, canada