2007 Ford Fusion wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Dec 052008

On my way to work, my tire lost air rapidly. When I made it to the tire shop they said all of the valve stems were worn and the flat tire was ruined and had to be replaced. I took it to the Ford dealer since it's a 2007 Fusion and they didn't know anything about it. I asked the dealer to replace the remaining valve stems and put an oem tire on it. I kept 3 of the worn valve stems and they match an investigation that is currently underway with shanghai baolong automotive corporation / topseal. The code on the valves in question are TR414. I called Ford Motor Company to complain and they said they couldn't do anything until it's decided whether there would be a recall or not but they acknowledged the current investigation. Total cost to replace 1 tire and remaining valves was $300. I also questioned Ford Corp on what communication they had with the dealers to spot these defective valve stems and they couldn't comment. My concern was that my car has been there for inspections, oil changes, and tire rotations and nothing was ever said to me.

- Schwenksville, PA, USA

Sep 062008

On Saturday morning September 6th 2008 I was driving to work in my 2007 Ford Fusion and my tire went flat. I changed the tire and on the following Monday I dropped it off at jim true Ford in brookville Indiana where I had purchased the vehicle. It was determined that the tire had gone flat due to a cracked valve stem and that the tire and valve stem would have to be replaced. A new tire had to be ordered and was replaced on Thursday September 11th 2008. The cost of parts and labor to replace the valve stem and tire was $229.37.

- Cedar Grove, IN, USA

Aug 162008

Valves on wheels dry rotting and cracking on vehicle, 2007 Ford Fusion. Tire repair shops are saying a recall is out on these valves but no response from fomoco. Have had 2 incidents of flat tires due to this problem.

- Security, CO, USA