2008 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Fusion:

2008 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jul 232014

Fusion 6-cyl

Its the ABS. I have changed the brakes gotten new master cylinder and I still cannot get full brake control. Still pushing pedal almost to the floor. My mechanic checked on this site which showed others with same problem. Which he stated is a factory defect.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jun 262014

Fusion 4-cyl

After ABS engaged the brake pedal is now very soft and requires that the pedal to be pushed completely to floor. Approx 3months ago new brake pads and at least 2 rotors were replaced as well as the brake fluid was flushed. So I know that the brake system was in good shape at that time.

- Dacula, GA, USA

May 062014

Fusion 6-cyl

I was slowing to turn into the driveway of my work, when all of the sudden I felt kind of a popping sensation in the braking and the brake pedal went all the way to the floor. I had already driven around that morning with no issues, problems or incidents. I called my mechanic and slowly drove the car to the shop, where the brake pedal continued to go all the way to the floor and it was very difficult to get my car to stop. The mechanic inspected and per their report: "there are no visible brake fluid leaks present at this time. A thorough visual inspection was performed on the entire braking system including brake pads, rotors, calipers, brake lines, clips, screws, ABS control module, electronics etc. 2- upon further investigation it was also determined that this complaint is becoming more common with Ford Fusion owners (see and after reviewing identifix there appears to be a equal amount of failures between the master cylinder and no ABS malfunction error codes and not being able to duplicate the clients complaint during a extended road test." When I picked up my car the afternoon after taking it to the shop, the brakes were very hard at first application and then they went back to normal.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Sep 262013

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the brakes failed. The contact was able to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis where it was stated that the master cylinder needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 28,000. Updated 12/04/13

- St Paul , MN, USA

Mar 012010

Fusion 6-cyl

The vehicle would randomly lose its braking efficiency. The brake pedal would go all the way to the floor and would require 3 times more distance to stop. I need to pump the brakes a few times as if im bleeding the system, upon pumping the brakes the system will then feel pressurized and able to apply pressure to the calipers.

- Perris, CA, USA

Aug 312012

Fusion 6-cyl

Was driving and as I went around a corner, the brake pedal (which was slightly depressed) went completely to the floor. Lost all pressure. I pulled into a parking lot. Turned car off and back on. Gradually pressure resumed. Drove another day or so and it happened again while I was going straight. I went to the dealer. Had my master cylinder, brakes, rotors, and brake booster all replaced. That was the beginning of September. Now in December, it is happening again.

- Marlton, NJ, USA