2008 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Fusion:

2008 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Sep 132016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Aug 262016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Halifax, PA, USA

Aug 012011

Fusion

Have been notified that as of August 1, 2011, there is a recall on my car's passenger airbag. They still cannot fix the problem and it is unsafe for me to have a passenger sitting in the front of my car. My family has no choice to use the front seat of the car-. with only 15,000 miles on car the dealer would not repair also paid for 100,000 bumperto bumper warranty when aquiring the vechile needs to be safe per us. Gov. And ntsb

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 121015

Fusion

Takata recall we cant sell the car with this problem and the passanger is afraid to be in it.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

I have been notified that as of June 1, 2016, there is a recall on my car's passenger airbag. They still cannot fix the problem and it is unsafe for me to have a passenger sitting in the front of my car. My family has no choice to use the front seat of the car. What other help can I get to have my family in a safe vehicle.

- Pinon Hills, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Jul 282016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Osceola, IN, USA

Jul 282016

Fusion

Takata recall received letter from Ford Motor Company to check for takata airbag recall.

- Chillicothe, OH, USA

Jul 212016

- Scottsville, AZ, USA

Jul 202016

Fusion

Tamara recall. -- there is a recall on the passenger air bag and I understand that it will take time to receive the parts. The Ford dealer says the NHTSA has deemed the car safe to drive--but that can't be true if the car is in an accident. My 16 year old grandson is the driver. Ford Motor Company says your Agency says it is illegal for them to disable the airbag until parts arrive. Please change that ruling!! the dealer is sioux city Ford in Iowa. My name is linda madison and my grandson is bradon madison. My phone number is 712-251-5882.

- Mapleton, IA, USA

Oct 072014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. While driving 70 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 169,000.

- Marion, VA, USA

Jun 122016

Fusion

Air bag is lifted on passenger side of vehicle & the ceiling is coming down in the rear window. Both serious safety issues.

- Dallastown, PA, USA

May 012015

Fusion

"takata recall": as seen in numerous other complaints, the area in the dash around the passenger side airbag is bulging. Ford recently expanded the recall to include my model year Ford Fusion, however, it does not appear that my vehicle is included for some reason. This, despite the fact that the air bag appears to be expanding and pressing against the dash. I would suspect that this problem is related to the takata issue and needs to be addressed by Ford.

- Jenison, MI, USA

Mar 052014

Fusion

As numerous others have complained, my vehicle suffers from the faulty hcu causing the brake pedal to go to the floor during certain ABS evens, as well as a mushy pedal at all other times. Ford needs to acknowledge and fix this issue.

- Jenison, MI, USA

Jun 012015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dash board around the defroster and the front passenger side air bag was detached. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Sep 152015

Fusion

Dash is bulging around passenger air bag; my car is always parked under our 3 sided enclosed car port year round. This just puffed up one morning when I was getting in car - noticed. No previous indicator. Its big now and I worry air bag will "come loose" my car not on recall list but it should be... this is dangerous. Suppose a passenger leans forward and grabs it.. not good situation... and dealer / Ford should stand by a warranty of some sort. This comes up out of the blue.. I've not been in accident... car has extremely low mileage...

- Clarksboro, NJ, USA

Apr 302016

Fusion

When I got in my car this morning I noticed the dash is bulging around passenger air bag. The car was parked in my driveway.

- Mishawaka, IN, USA

Aug 092012

Fusion 4-cyl

Dashboard has pulled up around passenger airbag. I am just getting around to reporting this, but I see many other complaints on this issue that should be something Ford recalls and fix due to a safety hazard. Bulged around airbag as well.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Apr 112016

Fusion

I have had to replace the transmission, the head gasket, drive shaft and carrier barrings. When I had the vehicle fixed I was told I need a new gas tank as well. My passenger side airbag compartment is rising up from the dash and I am concerned it will deploy even without an accident to initiate the deploy. Called Ford Motor Company and they were not willing to help in any way. I purchased the car in 2013 and have had problems from the start with no help from Ford. Thank you.

- Waterville, NY, USA

Feb 102016

Fusion

I had my 2008 Ford Fusion SE checked out due to the rear tires were going bald. I have put 6 tires on the rear til the bodyshop put it on a light and said there was a bend in my knuckle assembly and my lower rear passenger control arm was slightly bent. My steering wheel turns to the left while driving and the wheel are straight. My back to tires needless to say bow out, and I continuously buy tires because the parts and labor are over $1000. Also the passenger airbag cover is loose and im afraid tht the airbag will pop while im driving.

- Florence, SC, USA