2008 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Fusion:

2008 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Aug 182014

Fusion 4-cyl

Air bag readiness light on the instrument panel started coming on and going off. After a week it started staying on after starting up the car and it does not go off. Next the seat belt light stays on after you have locked in your seatbelt on the drivers side and no one is in the passenger seat.

- Pembroke, NC, USA

Jun 302011

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the safety belt located in the middle of the back seat was wrapped around the passengers diaphragm and she was unable to unlock it. The contact stated that when she tried to get the seat belt off it continued to get tighter and in order to get the passenger out they had to cut the seat belt off. The fire department was contacted and the passenger did not suffered any injuries. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 47,853.

- Stockbridge , GA, USA

Jan 142010

I was driving our 2008 Fusion on winding roads near our home in wnc. I was into a switch back turn and was approached by an oncoming vehicle which was on my side of the double yellow line. I did not have to swerve but allowed plenty of room for the other vehicle to pass. As they passed I was pulled into the snow and ice and off the road. I hit the side of a mountain and came to an instant stop. Our vehicle has sustained many thousands of dollars worth of damage ie front end bumper and sheet metal engine cradle broken, frame floor roof buckled doors on the right side windshield. All this damage with no air bag deployment or seat belt interlock! I was driving approximately 30 to 35 mph and sustained several injuries among which are; facial lacerations and contusions, knee injury resulting in bruising and contusions and reinjuring of recent shoulder surgery. I also am seeking legal advise as to Ford liabilities.

- Edneyville, NC, USA

Jan 132009

I was driving home from work on rt. 511or lorain street in oberlin, Ohio. The light on lorain and S. pleasant was flashing. I had the yellow flashing light I was driving 35 the speed limit and a girl with her two children did not stop for her red light and I hit her T-bone. My airbags did not deploy and my seatbelt did not lock. This forced me to grip the steering wheel with my hands and as I did this I bruised my arms, chest from the steering wheel trauma. I raised up from the seat and hit the top of my knees and they are bruised. I was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital for treatment and release. I missed 3 days of work and still have pain in my muscles and trauma to my body. I have contacted Ford Motor Co. For their response. I feel I should be compensated due to my injuries and missing work. And if I had been driving on a highway and this happened I could have been hurt worse or thrown through the windshield. There was extensive damage to my car and I have a rental for over two weeks I have to drive. I would like someone to check into Ford Motor Co. I will seek legal counsel if this is not resolved.

- South Amherst, OH, USA