9.0

$8,372.00

2. replaced transmission (2 reports)
2008 Ford Fusion transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Fusion:

2008 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Mar 012013

Fusion SE 4.2L

So I have a 2008 Ford Fusion SE 2.3L 4cly vehicle and about a month ago I went to start my car and my transmission and check engine light both come on at the same time. I took it to a shop and they said it was pulling random codes, unrelated to the trans and engine. They clear the codes and as soon as they did, my car is running like it normally has been. So about 2 weeks later the same issue happens again. Take it back to the shop and the same thing. About a week ago it happens yet again, take it to a completely different repair shop, they pull the codes and show that it is a shift solenoid that is bad. I have the solenoid changed for $200 and still nothing, same problems. Lights go back on and my car is running like hell! I ended up having to replace the transmission. I've taken good care of my car, had the fluid changed, get my oil changes done on a regular basis and this! From the start though it always seemed like the trans had issues from the day I bought it. Whenever I would put it into drive or reverse it always jerked right into gear and was ready to go. I don't know who designed the transmission for this car but they did not do a very good job. The transmissions on these cars do not last, even when you take care of them! I keep reading horror story after horror story about the transmissions slipping. I wish I would have did more research when I was looking for a new car b/c I wouldn't have chosen this car if I had known about all the transmission issues.

Ford - why have you not put a recall on this vehicle????

- , Detroit, MI, USA

Nov 132011

Fusion SE 4 cyl

My car had 86000 miles on it mostly highway. I always had my oil change and transmission fluid changes done on time according to the manual and also all tune ups and regular maintenance. As I was driving ob the highway my transmission slipped and there was a loud clunking noise. I brought my car to the dealership to get checked out and they told me that I needed a new transmission. I asked if that was covered because my car was only three years old. They basically laughed in my face and gave me the cost of the repair/new transmission. They said I was better off buying a new car but they would only give me a small amount for my car because of the problem. I can not believe that this happened and it's not the first time I heard about this car having that problem but there is NO recall!!!!!!!!!

- , Tiverton, RI, USA

Oct 272010

Fusion

My 2008 Ford Fusion has been slipping/jerking when initially stepping on gas pedal. Three days ago it would not go into gear at all. Had to have it towed. Went to the dealer the next day. They report no problems with the vehicle! Unable to reproduce the problem. Give me a break! I'm so fed up at this moment!

- , Cumberland, Maryland, USA

Jun 192009

Fusion SE 2.4L I4

My 2008 Ford Fusion's transmission jerks and slips once in a while when accelerating from a stop or after applying the brakes at low speeds (between 5 to 13 MPH).

- , San Francisco, CA, USA