2009 Ford Fusion wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

2009 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Apr 122015

My vehicle has had multiple tire pressure sensor issues. All 4 have been replaced once and two have been replaced twice in the course of 9 months. One time the sensor became loose and began clunking around inside the rim. It was only an expensive annoyance until yesterday. While driving at 65 to 70 mph on a 4 lane interstate highway, the tire pressure sensor broke off. At that time it began to spin around within the wheel well/rim. This caused a violent vibration in the steering of the vehicle and made it impossible to keep going straight without slowing to 50mph. This was a back tire and I shutter to think of what would have happened had it been in the front. Ford Motor Company doesn't have a known issue or recall for this problem. I am at the point where I won't Transport my children in the vehicle because of this fear of losing all control of steering. I also wonder what would have happened if I was breaking at the exact moment it broke and effected steering. This issue is a safety hazard and I can see great bodily harm or death resulting from similar situations.

- Fall River, WI, USA

Mar 112014

Fusion 4-cyl

This winter I have experienced lose to tire pressure due to corrosion on the aluminum wheel sealing surface to the tire. Weeks earlier I thought it was a hole/nail in the tire, but the tire service person said it was due to corrosion of the wheel sealing bead area. The tech clean the area and two weeks later it happened again, this time I added air to the tire to only find it lost most of the air the next morning. Again the tire tech showed my the wheel bead area and it was very corroded, and couldn't hold the required tire pressure. Does Ford have a wheel corrosion problem? my experience tells me yes. I would hate to pass this problem to another person.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Mar 152009

We have a 2009 Ford Fusion and I noticed hair line cracks in all the rim's, took in to dealer who took pictures and sent off to Ford they came back and said it was road hazard damage and would not cover. All this was done during the first year of the warranty.

- Irvington, AL, USA

Mar 202010

About a month after the car was bought, the tire pressure warning light would turn on about once every other month. We would always check the tire pressure and refill as needed. But in the middle of April the light came on every other day and the car started to pull strongly to the left. We thought there might have been a small, slow leak in the tire, so we brought it to sears. They were not able to find a leak, but they located a crack in the rim of the wheel. No one knows how it got there. We never hit anything. But the sears tech's said that it might have been there as a small hole at the beginning and it got bigger over the time. The crack in the wheel is what caused the air to leak from the tire. They thought it was much too dangerous to let us drive around with this crack. We brought the car to the dealer to have it fixed under the warranty but they claim that we must have hit something (which we did not), and don't want to cover it. As of right now we are driving on the spare tire because Ford is not taking the blame. We have to wait a month to see their Ford tech representative.

- Marion, IL, USA