Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Ford significantly updated the Fusion for the 2010 model year. We wish they hadn't

2010 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 062016

The door latch has a broken spring tab potentially resulting in a condition where the door will not latch. This also prevents the driver from opening the door to get out as teh door handle no longer functions. This broken condition is at all times of operating the vehicle. Based on an internet search this is a widely common safety defect for 2006 - 2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury and Lincoln sister models

- Cumming, GA, USA

Aug 242016

Takata recall- my car stalls and doesnt turn all the way. If I slow down or stop the car will give out I got a diagnostic done three times and three different things came up and I got all the fix but it still do the same thing I see other people that have the same car have the same problem I was on the expressway when this did this this is very dangerous

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 012015

My 2010 Ford Fusion drivers door handle broke from the inside

- Douglas, GA, USA

Jun 122016

The interiod driver's door latch has stopped working. I cannot open the door from the inside.I can pull the latch handle, but nothing happens. I have to roll down the window and open the door from the outside. My 2010 Fusion has 86,000 miles.this is a major safety concern in that I am basically trapped inside the vehicle.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Dec 122015

Drivers side interior door latch broken.

- Council Bluffs, IA, USA

Apr 242016

While driving into a moderate left curve on a narrow two lane city street there was a loss of power steering. This resulted in loss of control allowing the car to jump the curb and into a fire hydrant. No airbags deployed one minor injury to a passenger. Car was totaled. No tickets were issued. The car was under a recall 15S34for some problem with the ptcm and fuel tank and canister purge valve and was scheduled to repaired 04/27/16. Recall was first recevied on 01//2016 but the repair ok was received in 04/16. There is also a preliminary evaluation by the Office Of Defects Investigation on the loss of power steering on this yr Ford Fusion.

- Garner, NC, USA

Sep 062015

Daughter was driving on fm road on coming vehicle on wrong side struck daughter car head on. Daughters car caught on fire, seat belts locked or froze passenger unable to unlock seat belt. Daughter died passenger received burns to hands.daughters car was in motion.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Oct 072015

I was driving my car, and with no warning the orange wrench appears and loss of acceleration occurs. Had to pull over and restart the car. This happened 3 times today and could have potentially caused an accident each time. There is apparently a throttle recall, but does not include my 2010 Ford Fusion. Not sure what I need to do.

- Ballwin, MO, USA

Apr 112013

Was at a stop sign waiting for traffic comming off of the free way. The car in front of me accelerated to merge afte I had a opening to merge I accelerated to merge and the person in front of me came to a complete stop and I hit him from behind. There was over $8,000 in damage.

- Ypsilanit, MI, USA

Jan 162012

Fusion 4-cyl

I bought this car used. The previous owner said that this problem happened right after she bought it. Driver's side door won't lock, and is difficult to open. It won't open using the long door latch, I have to use that tiny latch above it. And it won't lock, even with the remote lock button either. My car is completely open to the public at all times.

- Lonoke, AR, USA

Dec 172014

Fusion 4-cyl

Driver's side, inside door handle broke had to roll down window, reach out and open using outside handle part that broke appears to be made out of plastic common problem.

- Brooklyn Park , MN, USA

Oct 202014

Drivers inside door handle broke will driving. It was not possible to open the door from the inside without first opening the window and then opening the door from the outside.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Nov 042013

Fusion 4-cyl

When traveling home from work on November 4th, 2013. Vehicle's advancetrac system failed.this made it difficult to turn car as it made the steering wheel very stiff. This caused an accident when entering a parking lot. I took the vehicle to the dealership and was notified that the vehicle just became "out of warranty" at 75,000 miles. The estimated cost of repair was $1762 having the vehicle without its power steering has also affected my tires. Which needed to be constantly replaced.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 032014

Locks linkages and levers driver interior door handle failed while exiting car at gas station. Car repaired by mechanic (not Ford). Handle linkage is made of chrome plated plastic which attaches to lock/door release cable. I had to exit the car by rolling down the driver's window and used the exterior door handle. Luckily the interior latch failure caused the door lock mechanism to fail in the unlocked mode resulting in the inability to lock the car. Interior latch mechanism cost $120 dollars plus labor to repair. Safety concern is that I have seen several complaints regarding the interior door latch for 2010 Fusion at about 2-3 years old. Could the plastic be degrading due to age or heat? living in ga the interior heat during the summer reaches well over 100 degrees. Second safety concern is that if this failure occurred in conjunction with a crash resulting in car fire it would be very difficult to exit the car by crawling over the console to use the passenger door--let alone thinking to roll-down the window to use the exterior door handle.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

May 092014

Attempted to exit the drivers door to obtain fuel. Internal door latch failed and would not open door. Had to lower drivers window and use outer door latch to open door. I believe this to be a significant safety issue as it would hinder or prevent egress from the vehicle in the case of a fire or flood, especially if the electrical system were disabled.

- Columbiana, OH, USA

Feb 142014

I was driving the road around 50 mph.,when suddenly my car was idling! I tried to push the gas but the car was no power I gear off to the side of the road. I put the car to park. After I restart my car and seems nothing was wrong with it.I took my car to Ford dealer schwabengarage ag stuttgart-vaihingen germany / garage to look what is wrong with it, they didn't see anything wrong with it. So I drove my car again, my boyfriend search the problem and found out that the throttle body is not working right, but the dealer couldn't see the problem. My boyfriend order the parts anyway because I can feel that my car is going to break down again. I was driving this morning with my two kids when my car lose power again. I turned it off and start again and after 100 meters it did the same again. I was terrified and pray hard that the other car will not hit us. I took my car to aafes / military installation car care with the parts we purchased and replaced the throttle body. I drove my car home today and got home safely. I found out that Ford Fusion has been having this problem.

- Apo, AE, USA

Dec 232013

While waiting for a traffic light, without any warning a truck hit me in the rear and pushed me in front of the van also waiting for a traffic light. As a result my car sustained major damage to the rear and front and also my rear window was completely busted out. My air bag never deployed. My car was totaled. I was Transport to the hospital by ambulance. I sustained a concussion and injuries to my neck, back, wrist, knees, ankles, feet and arms etc. I have numbness in my toes and radiates down my arms and legs. My face was swollen and have painful pressure and numbness in my face. I also suffer from sleepless nights from the pain and headache daily. And a host of other symptoms. I am haunted by this day and can still hear the initial bang and the feeling like I was going to be crushed.

- Barnegat, NJ, USA

Jun 092013

Fusion 4-cyl

Pulled out into traffic and my car lost all acceleration and began to shudder when I got it to the shoulder. Turned it off, and back on: No issue. Less than 40 yards down the road it did it again. Took it to auto zone, the only code that came up was that my "fuel door stuck open". which is impossible, because it came with a "racing cap" I.e no twist-off cap. Drove fine for two months, then came back something awful to the tune of freeway 75mph to zero, at which point it went into "limp mode" and barely made it home due to numerous stalls. Just had to replace this defective throttle body on a 3-year old car. Ridiculous Ford. Also, my drivers' side interior door handle broke out of nowhere.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Aug 112013

Fusion 4-cyl

Car stalls while driving, my husband thought it was bad gas and we let it go then it stalled again while driving 60mph. I searched the internet and it seems a lot are doing that, parts on backorder, there are so many. What does it take to get a recall. Someone to die."?????????"

- Dacula , GA, USA

May 312013

Front driver side interior door handle fractured while opening car door in usual manner. Door will no longer open using handle, nor will door lock using either handle or keyring remote.

- Richmond, VA, USA