2010 Ford Fusion brakes problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

May 072013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving on a state road at a rate of approximately 55 mph, as I was slowing down to enter an exit the power steering failed and I almost crashed into the cement barrier as the steering wheel locked up and was extremely difficult to turn.

- New Castle, DE, USA

Jun 212014

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving 45mph then suddenly my steering wheel started going all over car lost control and steering was uncontrollable and really hard. I had to drive really slow to get back home.

- Edinburg , TX, USA

May 302014

Fusion

I bought my 2010 Ford Fusion sel V6 with 12000 miles and drive it daily 120 miles/day to work. It has 106,000 miles now. Last week, for the third time, the "service power steering now" and "service advancetrac" indicators flashed on while driving 70 mph at night, using cruise control. Arrived home safely, next morning, no power steering. Drove car to Ford dealership, who hooked it up to diagnostic machine, and cleared messages, power steering now functioning again. The second time this occurred the dealership looked at something to do with the wheel on the passenger side. I have not used cruise control with this car since the second episode, nearly a year ago. Last week, when the third failure occurred, my friend was driving the car and had activated the cruise control, and I had warned him that I believed there was some relationship factor with using cruise control and the loss of power steering. I drive quite roughly, aggressively, and have hit many bumps with no loss of power steering. During the first and second occurrence the cruise control was activated, a rough spot was encountered, and the "service power steering now -advancetrac" messages came on, with consequential loss of power steering. No mechanical work seems to matter, only effective action is clearing the messages and reestablishing power steering by hooking up to diagnostic machine. I believe it is a software glitch maybe involving a sensor. I am not a mechanic. Will the recall/replacement of throttle assembly solve this problem?? Ford needs to step up and respond to this problem.

- Gillespie, IL, USA

Apr 062014

Fusion

I started my car then suddenly the laram appear as (service advance trac) however I didn't notice any change in my car, I had my steering working and my brakes fine, after that I went few miles than turned off the car, after that the alarm disappeared, after a while it appeared again and I continue my trip then parked the car and after 1:30 hours I turned on and the alarm disappeared and never appeared again till now which means after a day.

- Newyork, NY, USA

Oct 222013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving vehicle at various speeds from 25 mph to highway speeds of 55 mph, electric power steering periodically and suddenly cuts out, making steering difficult especially due to the suddenness and unexpectedness of these incidents. Incidents seem to occur when riding over a bump in the road and are typically noticed most frequently on highway on/off ramps.

- Havertown, PA, USA

Mar 072014

Fusion

Started my car and everything was fine, within 45 seconds of driving my dash said service power steering now and then service advancetrac, with the advancetrac light coming on. As soon as this happened my power steering was completely gone and I could hardly turn. It has never worked since and whenever I start the car it says service power steering now shortly followed by service advancetrac.

- Trenton, MI, USA

Mar 122014

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving on road at 50 mph the car suddenly alarmed "service advancetrac" and "service power steering now." My steering wheel locked on me. Thank god it didn't cause an accident. I see on this website and the internet there are multiple complaints about this but no recalls. This is very expensive to fix!!!!I why no recalls yet?

- Hampshire, IL, USA

Mar 012014

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving my 2010 Ford Fusion on a dry level street and suddenly the service power steering now and advance trac failure displayed on my radio. It is estimated to cost $1200 to fix this and I have seen approximately 25% of the complaints about Ford Fusion involve this issue. Please help us there is an obvious fault from Ford.

- Colona, IL, USA

Feb 272013

Fusion

While driving home on highway at 50 mph the car suddenly alarmed service advancetrac and power steering now. My steering wheel locked on me. Thank god it didn't cause an accident. I called a Ford dealer they suggested I pull over try turning the car off and starting it again to see if message would disappear it didn't. they told me I would have to bring it in to be serviced. Just for them to look at it it's $130. When I looked on internet I seen that there has been multiple complaints about this but no recalls. I also seen that it is very costly and the problem recurs. Why no recalls yet?

- Maple Heights, OH, USA

Feb 262014

Fusion

My wife was driving to a appointment and about 2 miles away from the house, the advance trac light came on then the car steering locked up and the car lost control, she was able to pull up against the side walk safe, but it scared her really bad thinking it was going to be a serious and that her and the baby she carrying would be hurt, why is their not a recall on this problem, so many people has had the same problem with the Ford Fusion it should be.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Feb 012014

Fusion 4-cyl

I turned right out of a parking lot onto the highway traveling at 35 mph when the "power steering fault" light came on the steering felt heaver than usual I drove about 7 miles than parked car. When I restarted the car after 2 hours the information panel said "service power steering now" and "service advancetrac" and the power assist was off extremely difficult to steer. Could be extremely dangerous if this was to happen in a parking lot with people around.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Dec 112013

Fusion

2010 Ford Fusion sel V6 entered vehicle for errand. Vehicle started normally, however after short distance power steering almost locked up, info on dash stated service power steering and advance trak systems now. Have replaced power steering rack with new Ford parts. First one lasted four weeks then trouble message on dash activated. Vehicle still drove normally. Upon parking and restarting steering was almost locked up again. Replaced rack second time. Vehicle drove normally for two weeks then system acted as it had before the first rack was replaced. Currently vehicle is steerable for very strong person but average could not steer vehicle. This issue, would without doubt lead to crash and injury were it to occur while on highway.

- Sherman, TX, USA

Jan 092014

Fusion 4-cyl

We were stopped in heavy traffic in orlando 800 miles from home. The car would not accelerate so we limped into a gas station. A tow truck operator was at the gas station as well as a mechanic. They both said it is a very common Ford throttle control failure. Ford quoted us $1000 to fix the problem but a mechanic fixed it for $450. Initially, he cleaned the throttle control and changed the spark plugs. It drove fine in test drive but failed again on our way to hotel. We purchased the part from greenway Ford in winter park fl. They had 24 in stock because it is not uncommon to sell 12 a day since the problem is so common. The problem is now solved because we drove the car to Toyota and traded it in.

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Dec 302013

Fusion

I went to pick up my car from the Ford dealership after dropping it off, again, on Friday, 12/27 to fix the same exact issue I brought it in for the day before. The steering got incredibly stiff and the "service power steering now" light came on as well as the "service advancetrac" light. The first time they replaced the steering rack. Second time they blamed the wiring. I brought the car in today 12/31 but they were closed so I can't wait to see what they are going to try to fix when they open back up on Jan 2nd. I have not been able to drive this car for almost a week now and I wont be able to any time soon I feel.

- Deer Park, NY, USA

Dec 222013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving on a freeway at 65 miles my right front tire went flat and I lost all power steering function. The "service power steering now" and "service advancetrac" warnings appeared. I immediately pulled over and installed the spare. Upon restarting the car the warnings remained and I had no power steering assist at all. It is almost impossible to turn a corner or pull into a parking space. The force needed to turn the steering wheel is unbelievable. Judging by the complaints filed, and the volume of posts on the internet, dating back to 2006, I find it hard to believe that this issue has never been addressed. This is a very serious safety issue which could most certainly result in accidents and potential fatalities.

- Bedford, TX, USA

Dec 222013

Fusion 4-cyl

Upon driving down a busy road, out of no where I lost my power steering, almost colliding into a post, and got a notification that my ESC failed right afterwards. The steering is now really stiff and requires a lot of force to turn. I tried searching the reason why this happens online and found a ton of similar if not the exact same situation as mine. This is unsafe!!

- Deer Park, NY, USA

Oct 122013

Fusion

I was on my way to my grandsons wedding when all of a sudden the cars power went off, fortunately was able to get off road but had I not been could have easily been in accident, turned off engine and was able to get the next few miles and then back home. However on my way to work Monday the 14th of October 2013 the car did the same thing three times and I maneuvered to side and called mike fitzpatrick Ford newnan Georgia and they came and got me.only to be told it was throttle body which would cost me over $400. The car has a little over 26,000 miles, I mean really"???" meanwhile my daughter had already went on line and knew it was the throttle body and that several others had complained with the same thing in the 2010 Fusion. So come on and insist on recall before a major accident. Could be one of your family members. I will not let this go.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Oct 152013

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving at highway speed when vehicle died, having complete loss of power. Wrench light and check engine light both came on. There was no shoulder to pull over onto and many large 18 wheelers driving by. I pulled over in someone's driveway, turned the vehicle completely off, inspected under the hood and around the vehicle with no findings, and then attempted to restart. The vehicle restarted but had difficulty turning over. I continued to drive for approx 5 more miles when the incident occurred a second time. On the second time the vehicle had loss of power but the engine remained running. There was no throttle response, from depressing the gas pedal. Once I pulled over on the shoulder the engine began rocking the car violently. I immediately turned off the vehicle and let it rest for 5 minutes. I restarted the car once again, this time without difficulty and drove it straight to an auto shop. The mechanic performing work on the car states the error code was P2111 and was the throttle body causing the problem.

- Searcy, AR, USA

Oct 022013

Fusion 4-cyl

The car was inspected by the dealer at 40,000 miles and braking system was rated green ("the pads are okay"). when the car was next serviced at 47,387 miles (within the regular service interval) the left rear brake caliper had frozen, causing the pad to be worn to bare metal. I am worried because brakes are a major safety component, the drag may have damaged the wheel bearing, and I have read (fordfusionforum.com) of many instances exactly like my own that have led to recurring problems of rear brake failure.

- Cumberland Center, ME, USA

Oct 042013

Fusion 6-cyl

Upon attempted acceleration from 43 mph the car made a loud "popping" noise. The car immediately slowed and the accelerator became unresponsive. The car also began shaking and jerking. The longer the car remained on the more violent the shaking became. The second incident occurred during acceleration onto a highway. Car again slowed and would not respond to pressing the gas pedal and started shaking and jerking again. Both times I nearly avoided driving into oncoming traffic of 55+ mph.

- Greensboro, NC, USA