2010 Ford Fusion brakes problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Aug 232013

Fusion

My vehicle is a 2010 Ford Fusion SE V6. I was traveling at 80 mph in the left lane on the highway when my car decided it no longer wished to accelerate. My speed immediately and drastically slowed despite keeping my foot to the floor on the accelerator. Because I did not touch my brakes, there was no warning of my rapid deceleration to the vehicles behind me by way of brake lights. The vehicle directly behind me missed hitting me by about 2 inches and the vehicles behind that had to swerve - in very heavy traffic - to avoid hitting both of us. It was an extremely dangerous situation. I quickly threw on my hazards and pulled over on the left side of the highway. With my foot completely on the brake and the car completely stopped, the car shook, sputtered, and seemed to try to literally jerk forward entirely by itself. The only warning light that came on was the little wrench (throttle control/powertrain/stability). I put the car in park and removed the keys. I sat there for about 2 minutes, then I started up the car, saw no warning lights, and continued driving to my destination without a single issue. It was a truly terrifying experience. It has happened twice before but both times were at low speeds with no other cars around. I took it in to the dealership then and was told they could find nothing wrong with it.

- Fort Mitchell, KY, USA

Jun 282013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving and the car power shut off and then the wrench light came on and then I had to restart the car, it took a while but it came on and ran good for a few months and it happened 4 times after that. Every time the dealer said they could not find an issue. This last time it happened the engine light stayed on and I had to get the car towed and was told it was my throttle body issue that is a known problem but no recall.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Aug 082013

Fusion

On my drive home from Chicago to Pontiac mi, I was just past halfway home when without any warning my car began beeping at me and displayed the following messages, service advancetrac, service power steering, service power steering now. Simultaneously I lost all power steering however, its not the same as losing power steering on a normal car or driving an older vehicle that was never normally equipped with power steering. The wheel became locked to the right and the car darted to the right taking me onto the shoulder of the expressway, I fought back pulling the wheel to the left as hard as I could. Suddenly I felt a popping sensation and the car darted to the left taking me from the right shoulder to the left lane. I again pulled the wheel in the opposite direction but the wheel felt locked, suddenly I felt that familiar popping feeling and the car darted off to the shoulder again. This same process was repeated until I could get the car stopped safely. Upon taking the car to the dealership I was informed that there was a short in the electric power steering and would need a new rack and pinion. I've never reported anything like this before but I felt it my civil duty since I'm certain a person of lesser strength, like my fiance' wouldn't have achieved the same outcome.

- White Lake, MI, USA

Jul 272013

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving ~40 mph, took foot off accelerator, wrench indicator light turned on, could no longer accelerate, had to roll onto breakdown lane. Turned engine off, could not start car 1st attempt. Car started on 2nd attempt, and the light went off. Has occurred 4 times now, 3 times at speeds of ~40 mph and one time while slowing down for a traffic light. Very scary for the young drivers in my family.

- Groton, MA, USA

Jul 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

Throttle body shorted battery and caused engine to stall in traffic. When trying to restart, engine sped up fast became very dangerous. Ford has these throttle bodys on back order... that's sad. Pls recall asap before someone loses their life.

- Lexington, SC, USA

Jul 062013

Fusion

Earlier this month, I started my car [Ford Fusion 2010 SE] after having it parked [never having this situation before] my car started vibrating after I turned the car on and barely driving it. I placed the car in park and popped my hood and looked at the engine, the entire thing was vibrating so I turned the car off for a few minutes and restarted, the problem was then gone and I thought hmm.. maybe its just a minor issue. This same thing happened again a few days after and then a few times within the same week up until now. So I'll be driving and the car would just slow down and my engine would be vibrating. I took my car to the shop [barely making it there] I went to "broad & james auto care located at 3288 E broad St columbus, oh 43213" after having a diagnostics done I was advised that I had a throttle body failure and they contacted Ford krieger in columbus oh and was advised that the parts are on back order and that there are no specific date of receipt. Upon research I've found out that this is an ongoing issue for this vehicle. Now my car can't be driven at all.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 142013

Fusion 6-cyl

While I was driving, my Ford Fusion lost most of it's power. I was told it was due to a broken throttle body (part). It sounds like it will take 3 weeks to get the part. I'm not sure why it is taking so long, especially since most people here are complaining about the same part.

- Portland, OR, USA

Jun 202013

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving on a busy road when my car stopped. I pushed the gas and it would not go. I barely pulled over and turned the car off. After several minutes it restarted. I almost got rear ended the following day because it did the same thing on a hill. I had two small children in the car this time. I called the dealership and they said it is a faulty throttle body. They said it would cost me over $500 to fix and the part would take several days to come in due to it being on back order from it happening so often. I almost got hit with my three year old and 6 month old in the car. This is a major safety issue. It happens out of no where and at any speed. Thank goodness I wasn't on the highway with my children!!! Ford needs to step up and make this a safety recall!! the dealer said he is seeing it in mostly all 2010-2012 Fusion.

- Zanesville , OH, USA

May 252013

Fusion

This is the second time this has happened. We were driving on the freeway at about 65 mph with cruise control on but not set (icon was yellow and not green). We changed lanes and hit a rough place in the road, perhaps a slight pothole on the freeway. Suddenly the chime was heard and the message service advance trac, then service power steering now. The slide icon also appeared. We did not slow down and drove at least a half hour at highway speed. We stopped and parked the car at walmart. When the car was restarted, no power steering at all. My gentleman friend is a farmer. He drove the car home without the power steering, fought the steering for miles. We will take it in to the dealer to reset it. The first time this happened, I was driving around 75 mph with the cruise control activated but not set (yellow icon, not green). I maneuvered a broad turn on the freeway at speed, and the slide icon appeared. Then quickly the service power steering now message appeared. I continued driving for a mile, exited the freeway at my place of employment, and as I pulled into the parking slot, realized that the car was very difficult to steer. Later, when I restarted the car, no power steering. Had it towed, and the Ford dealer reset the computer. This was 4 months ago. I wonder if there is a connection between cruise control engagement and advancetrac. Can advancetrac be deactivated?? ## VIN failed ##

- Gillespie, IL, USA

May 172011

Fusion 4-cyl

My vehicle lost acceleration while driving and shut off on me three times. The third and final time I was on a highway and almost got rear ended. I had the car towed and serviced at the nearest authorized Ford dealer to find out I was out of warranty. Paid for a throttle and it's installation left very scared and upset.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 152012

Fusion 6-cyl

The vehicle lost power steering, traction control, and brakes upon entering the freeway on ramp. To stop the vehicle and endangering other drivers, I was forced to crash into the concrete wall barrier on the drivers side of the on ramp. There were no warning lights on the dashboard until after coming to a stop and the engine died. At that point the warning lights came on.

- Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA

Aug 032012

Fusion

I was driving my wife and newborn child home from the hospital when my car lost all acceleration. It was an unsafe situation and I responded by pulling my vehicle into the breakdown lane. I shut off the engine and started the vehicle and continued to drive. The vehicle lost acceleration 2 more times on my way home. The wrench icon came on when the incidents occurred. I believe it is the throttle body. This is a major safety issue Ford must address. There is no indication that the vehicle is about to lose all acceleration.

- Rehoboth, MA, USA

May 192012

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving the car on a sunny day about 35 mph the car started to slow down abruptly to 5 mph. The advance track light came on and service advance track immediately message went across the message center. I immediately took the car to the dealer. Light and message were on when I dropped off the car to the dealer. Dealer stating could not repeat problem.

- North Plainfield, NJ, USA

Dec 012011

Fusion

Bought my Fusion in April 2011. Began having problems immediately. Usually happens when the engine is cold, upon accelerating the car would lurch terribly and hesitate. First the dealer could find nothing wrong. Then they decided it was the transmission. Put new transmission in. Kept happening. Finally, it happened when the service manager drove it. Said Ford would put new computer in the car. Six weeks later since we heard nothing back, took the car to the sales rep and he said don't come get it until we fix it. Today my husband is back at the dealer to get me another car. They act like I am imagining all this. I am ready for an arbitrator!

- Millbrook, AL, USA

Jun 212010

Fusion

While driving at various speeds, the vehicle's engine would shutdown and all power assist features would be disengaged. The check engine, check traction control, check oil pressure, check temperature, and low fuel warning messages would illuminate. The vehicle suffered from these symptoms approximately 13 times over the course of 1000 miles ultimately resulting in several evasive maneuvers to avoid collisions caused by the lack of engine power. The vehicle spent 27 days in the shop and ultimately the main ECM was replaced. The symptoms have since ceased, but I am concerned that they may start again since the system failures seemed to increase with 100+ degree ambient air temperatures.

- San Antonio, TX, USA